Chapter 41

"Caden!"

The reaction from the three of them is instantaneous as soon as I find them again in the small town. Or rather, they find me. Venning parked on the outskirts of the town and said that he'd keep an eye on me as I looked for them.

Luna runs towards me when she sees me and throws her arms around me along with wrapping her legs around me as well. I hesitate before hugging her back.

"What the hell happened to you?" She whispers in my ear.

"It's a long story," I say and she pulls away slightly before kissing me once. Twice. Three times.

"I'm sorry, Caden," she says. "I'm sorry for getting so angry at you... I just couldn't believe you hadn't told me what you were going through while you told the others. But then you disappeared and I thought... what if I didn't see you again? I didn't want the last thing between us to be anger and I just-"

"Shh," I say, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Don't worry about it. I'm fine. I was insanely worried about you guys though."

Luna smiles and looks back at the other two. "We're alright. We weren't the ones who disappeared."

I crack a smile. "Yeah, I can see how that would scare you guys."

Luna kisses me once more and lets go, dropping to the ground. She takes my hand and pulls me over to Matthew and Kadiya. When I look at the three of them, I can feel my heart rate increase dramatically. All I can see them as are my sister and Venning's children. That's all I see.

I'm about to say something when Matthew says, "You're missing your right arm, right?"

I nod hesitantly, a little taken aback when he delivers a forceful punch to my left shoulder, catching me off guard and knocking me over.

"Matthew!"

"No no," I groan as I pull myself back up. "I deserved that..." I roll my shoulder and look at them. "I'm sorry. I'm just... sorry."

"Caden, what happened to you?" Kadiya asks. "You're wearing different clothes."

"Yeah, about that..." I sigh and rub the back of my neck. "It's not really Caden anymore..."

"What do you mean?" Kadiya crosses her arms and looks at me with her brows furrowed.

"I mean that..." I sigh, trying to find the right words to explain what happened. If I say this in the wrong way, it could be disastrous. Venning actually told me what to say, but right now, the words just fly out of my head. "Well you know how I told you about the Voice, and the entire thing about my life being screwed up? Nothing feels right? Etcetera..."

"What about it?" Matthew asks.

"Well, not anymore," I say with a little smile and they all look a bit confused. "I remember everything now. And it feels right for once. The Voice has shut up, the headaches are gonna stop-"

"When did this happen?" Luna asks.

"A few hours ago," I say admittedly. "And, well... Guys, I'm your friend, right? Even though I remember who I am now, and even though my name isn't Caden Tarasi, it doesn't change that I'm still your friend and I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt you guys."

"What's your name then?" Matthew asks.

"Damon," I say. "Damon Oph- Just Damon for now."

"Damon?" Luna looks up at me and I nod.

"Yeah, that's me. I didn't lie to you guys though. I thought my name was Caden at the time," I add on quickly.

"But... Why?" Kadiya asks. "Why would anyone do that to you?"