Chapter Two

My heels clicked against the pavement, as I walked the streets of downtown Houston

My heels clicked against the pavement, as I walked the streets of downtown Houston. The hustle and bustle of workmen's happy hour filled the streets making it seem like I was in new york city. The skyscrapers were massive making me feel like the buildings would tower down on my 5'8 frame. Everytime I looked up it made me sick to my stomach. With my og Chanel tote in hand, I made my way through Kaden's office building. My shoulders instantly relaxed once I was inside.

Bypassing the information desk, I went to the elevators and went up to the 75th floor of the 100 floor building. The floor receptionist gave me a smile, already familiar with me. Instead of checking in with her, I went to Kadens assistant's desk. 

I don't really like this woman. She was always short with me whenever I came up here. I'm not sure what I did to her but all I know is if she has a problem with me, I can solve it.

Or at least my sisters will solve it.

I'm not really a fighter. 

However don't underestimate me.

The bitch pretended like I wasn't standing there, typing away on her computer so I cleared my throat.

She looked up at me as if she was waiting for me to speak. 

"Well hello to you too bitch" I thought to myself.

"Hello, I hope your day is going well"

That's right Mell. Kill her with kindness.

 Once I realized she was not going to offer politeness back, I got to the point "Is Kaden back from his meeting? I have his lunch."

"He's really busy right now. I suggest you call first..." 

" Is that my beautiful, wife?" Kaden interrupted poking his large head around the corner. He smiled instantly seeing my face. " hell yeah that's my fine thing. I'll talk to you before the next meeting." he said to one of my colleges.

Once Kaden reached me, he pecked my lips. He grabbed my hand and spun me around to get a better look of my outfit. Just because I'm a housewife currently, didn't mean I couldn't present myself like a star studded business model. I was wearing a one of his business suit jackets as a dress with a belt to hold everything together. My hair was in its natural state tied back into a high pony. With my face exposed and beat to the gods, I sealed the look with large hoop earrings and heeled boots.