Chapter Fourteen

The Next Morning

The next morning, Kaden and I were up early to get our day started. After the little fiasco last night, the awkwardness settled in. KJ woke up by the time the desert came out and I had made up my mind to leave, but my sister Mia convinced me to stay.

I have isolated myself from the outside world for so long that I thought I was protecting myself and my marriage, however I think being out in the open is what Kaden and I needed. Last night, I saw him as my man and not just the person I married. I feel as though he protected me by staying by my side and if at any time I seemed agitated, he protected my peace. Kj was a bit fussy and didn't want to be bothered with anyone, much less my annoying mother, who he had nicknamed meany due to the last time they met. Needless to say our little family was engulfed in each other to notice Mother's failed attempts to get under my skin.

" When did Kj go down last night?" Kaden asked as he came up behind me and kissed my neck as I fiddled with my bracelets that I matched with my relaxed outfit.

" Pretty late." I sighed. " I gave him a breathing treatment last night, that seemed to settle him down."

Kaden chucked as I gave myself a once over in the mirror. " You know your momma is going to get you for wearing a tank top and shorts."

" She'll have something to say even if I wore a sundress and heels, which always seems to be expected

" She'll have something to say even if I wore a sundress and heels, which always seems to be expected. She better be happy I accessorized and put on lip gloss." I said with an attitude. I walked out of my bathroom and into the bedroom.

Kj was sprawled out in the king sized bed with his mouth ajar. He snuggled up with me the majority of the night. On one hand I think it was because he's not feeling well again and the other it was because he loves cuddles. Either way I am exhausted from his big head that he most definitely inherited from his father being on my chest all night.

I glanced at Kaden and doubled back to see he was fully dressed, in an off yellow and beige shirt and short set. He paired it with gold accessories that matched his gold wedding band that glistened on his deep melanated skin. His muscles were defined as they were freshly moisturized as well as the waves of his hair.

" Well damn, Who are you trying to look good for?" I smirked as I bit my bottom lip.

" chill out, before I bend you over." He smacked my ass as he walked by to get to his side of the bed, to grab his phone and the baby monitor so we could go downstairs. " I'll never not be amazed at this artwork." He added, referring to the leaf ensemble I painted over my bed.

" He added, referring to the leaf ensemble I painted over my bed