Chapter Sixteen

Melanie

Yawning, I helped Kj get into his PJ's. It was later than usual for us to be getting ready for bed, but Kj energy was not mirroring the time on the clock. He spent most  of the day playing with his new cousins that his bed time slipped away. It was quite cute how he tried to keep up with them. They were only two years older but it was significant due to the fact they were in school and have become independent. Kj however was still a baby in my eyes and a Toddler to others.

" No pull up mommy." Kj half naked, refused to put on a pullup. Kj planned on spending a night in a room with the other kiddos. 

" And why not mister?" I placed my hands on my hips with the paw patrol pullups in my hand. 

" Because I a big boy, like Ronnie." He said matter-factly. His big brown eyes peered up at me with such confidence in himself that it made my heart grow two times bigger. 

" You are a big boy and sometimes big boys need a little help." I told him and sat beside him. "If you don't wear a pull up you might wet the bed."

" No, I'm not mommy. " Kj still refused and asked for his boxers to put on. 

Kj and I have been working on night time potty training. No matter how many times he goes to the restroom before bed he always ended up wetting himself at some point in the night.  According to China I am lucky that KJ even goes to the restroom during the day. At three years old, Ronnie was still in diapers because he always waited too late to say he needed to use the bathroom. Sure every child is different, but apparently boys are harder to potty train.

Instead of arguing with him any further, I allowed him to wear his little boxers to bed. Once he's sleep I will sneak and put a pull up on him. 

Kj happily smiled as I finished helping him put on his Pjs. " Thank you mommy." He gave me the biggest hug he could muster up.

" Oh you're so welcome, baby boy. I love you. " I kiss him all over his face making him giggle.

He jumped down ready for his sleepover. I thought he was leaving the room but he made a beeline towards the ensuite bathroom where Kaden was hiding.  

" I want to say goodnight to daddy."

" Don't go in there" I said quickly as I stopped him. " Um...daddy is making a stinky."

I made up a lie that would make sense to his young little mind so he could leave the room. " Pyeeew... I'll talk to daddy later. I love you mommy."

I told him goodnight and closed door behind me. 

" You can come out now" I said out loud.

Kaden slowly came out the bathroom looking  pitiful.  He had a small gash under his eye that was properly stitched up with a hint of a purplish hue. I was completely dumbfounded when he came in like this. He said he got drunk and had some choice words with someone that led to him getting rocked. There were some obvious loopholes in the story that I wanted to find out about.