¡Chicken Biryani!

Indian

- - - - - - -

"We all eat, and it would be a sad
waste of opportunity to eat badly."
-Anna Thomas

- - - - - - -

Ingredients.

*1kg boneless, skinless, chicken breast-cubed.

*400g basmati rice-(soaked for 15mins).

*1 large onion, chopped.

*5 tomatoes, chopped.

*5 garlic cloves, crushed.

*4 green chillies, sliced.

*4 tbsp olive oil.

*4 whole cinnamon sticks.

*3-4 cardamom pods.

*2 tbsp ginger, crushed.

*1 handful of mint, crushed.

*1 tsp cumin seeds.

*1 tsp salt.

*1/2 tsp turmeric powder (or saffron).

*1/4 cup coriander, chopped.

Preparation.

#-Heat the olive oil in a large, deep, thick bottomed pan and sauté the chopped oniy for five minutes or until translucent.

#-Add the cumin seeds, crushed garlic, ginger, half the chillies and two cinnamon sticks in a pestle then grind them together into a paste. Add the paste to the onions and sauté for 3mins.

#-Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for another 5mins.

#-Add the chopped chicken and stir it through and cook for a further 10-15mins. The liquid should dry up in this time.

#-Now, add the other half of the sliced green chillies and chopped coriander to the chicken masala and stir through.

#-Let the mixture rest.

#-Bring a deep pot of water, with a little salt, the cardamom pods and cinnamon sticks to a boil and add the pre-soaked basmati rice. Let the rice cook for five mins, making sure the rice is not fully cooked.

#-Drain the rice.

#-Now, you need to layer the rice and chicken masala.

#-First, pour 1/2 cup of water into the pan and let it simmer, then add a layer of rice, followed by the chicken masala, and then top it off with another layer of rice.

#-Mix saffron or turmeric with a few tsp of warm milk and pour over the rice.

#-Let the dish simmer for 30mins over low heat.

#-Serve hot with lemon wedge or tomato raita.

#-ENJOY!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Who missed me?!

♥vote♥

♥share♥

♥comment♥

EX OH EX OH

Aa'eesha!