Chapter 5 Car rides

So Tired.

So Tired.

My feet drag as I walk out of school. Carly asked me if I wanted a ride but I declined. I'm starting to regret not taking up the offer.

HONK!

I jump up and look at the road to my left. I see Evan in a black Honda Accord and he's laughing. I walk over to him with a glare.

"What the hell Evan. You scared me so bad!" I say.

He laughs "I'm sorry Gem I had to. It was just too easy"

I huff and cross my arms.

"What do you want?" I ask irritated. I just want to get in my warm bed and sleep.

"Let me give you a ride."

"No It's okay, It's not a long walk. I walk home all the time." I start walking away.

"Come on Gem. I can see that you're tired. Let me just give you a ride"

"It's okay. I don't need your ride."

I turn around and start my way home. My leg is really starting to hurt. I make a mental check to take some Advil for it when I get home. It always starts hurting when I stand on it too much. Suddenly, my backpack is taken from my shoulder and I spin around and see Evan getting in his car with my backpack.

"Hey!' I say lamely.

"Get in the car Gem. Please."

I sigh. "Fine. And only because you kidnapped my bag." I get in his car and sigh in content. My leg was killing me. Im going to have to get a job that doesn't involve a lot of standing up if i don't want my leg is get worse. I wonder what kind of job I could get. I really need to get a job and soon because Ky is barely getting us through with all the medical bills were up to our heads in because of me. I can't let myself become a burden.

" So, where am I going?" Evan asks me. I give him the address and he tells me he knows where that is. There's a few minutes of silence and I decide to break the ice.

"Is it a hobby of yours to steal girls bags and make them get in your car? I Joke.

"Of course" He jokes. "That's my main pick up. You'd be surprise how many girls I get from it." He winks at me while smiling. I didn't think he could get anymore attractive but he proved me wrong by that smile of his.

I smile and shake my head.

He's keeps glancing at me.

"What?" I inquire.

"You should smile more. You have a really beautiful smile." Evan says.

My smile slips from my face. I shouldn't smile. I don't deserve to smile.

"Hey, What's wrong? Did i say something wrong?" Evan asks me.

"No I'm fine." I tell him. "But you should look at the road."

He glances at me once more then looks at the road. The rest of the car ride is driven in complete silence. We finally get to my house and he pulls over and stops the car.

"Thank you for the ride." I tell him getting out of the car.

"No problem. See you Monday"

"See you Monday" I say back.

****

Sorry guys that its almost been a year. There's a lot of reasons why. Ive been very busy But this weekend I have extra time and I might be posting another chapter. The next chapter will be much more exciting ;)

Teaser:

Yelling and more yelling.

Sirens wailing in the distance.

Screams of pain.

I see black and I'm laying on someting hard.

Then I realise I'm the once screaming.