Chapter 7

After school was over, I decided to take a drive out around town. I took a turn into downtown and drove through the different shops and restaurants. Barnes and Nobles was up ahead, so I parked next to the sidewalk and walked in, thinking about buying a book. I've been told that some John Green books were fantastic, so I looked through some and found one that seemed interesting, Looking For Alaska. I bought the book and checked the time, only being 3:20. Marcel's house was only about ten minutes away, so I had some time to grab a coffee and read for a while. I ordered my usual black coffee and added sugar, just how I like it. I sat next to a window seat and started my book. About ten minutes, I got a tap on the shoulder. I looked up, and found it was a guy from my school. I never really knew him, I just knew that he was in my English class. 

"Um, Hi?" I said, setting my book down.

"Hey. You seem lonely, how about a little company?" he said, leaning his hand on the table.

"Um, no I'm fine, I'm just reading a book and I'll be leaving in a few minutes so.."

"Where you going? Surely not to Marcel's are you?" 

"What's that supposed to mean?". Where did he come up with that? Why did he even mention him?

"Well, actually I am, we have a project to do so I should probably get going" I said, picking up my things and standing up. Before I could leave he grabbed my arm. I tried to pull free but his grasp was too strong.

"Isn't that Harry guy his twin?" he asked, pulling me closer.

"Yes, now let go of me!" I half yelled, I didn't want to cause too much of a comotion.

"Now why would I pretty girl like you go to a house with a loser along with his twin, who supposedly could hurt you?". His voice had a mocking tone to it. 

"Marcel is not a loser, and Harry wouldn't hurt a fly. He's better you than, now let go, you're hurting" I said. His grip was getting tighter, and my arm was getting numb.

"Stay with me, I can show you a good time", he pulled me close and whispered into my ear. That's it, I thought. I stepped on his foot and his grip loosened. I turned around and kneed him the crotch along with pouring my still steaming coffee onto his head. He buckled down onto the ground, doubling over in agony. I walked over to the garbage can to throw away my cup. I walked out the door, ignoring the stares coming at me. I didn't even look back to see how he was. I checked the time, 3:52. I guess I'd be a little late. I hopped into my car, a little numb from what happened. I checked my arm and noticed red finger marks. I touched the irritated skin and flinched. This will not look pretty later on. Guess I'll have to wear sweaters until it heals. I started the car and drove on over to Marcel's. I was thinking about what that jerk said. Harry would never be dangerous. He's a nice guy, and I doubt he'd do anything bad. And yeah, Marcel may not be the most attractive, nor the best dressed guy in town, but that doesn't make him any less of a loser than the next kid. I shook the thoughts out of my head, and remembered that I didn't even make the list of topics yet. I arrived in the neighborhood and parked alongside the sidewalk, taking out a piece of paper and quickly writing down topics in random order. I finished in a matter of five minutes, and noticed I was already running ten minutes late. His house was just a block away, so I decided to walk. I stepped out and walked to his house, knocking on the door. Harry opened the door, and I couldn't believe what I saw.