Chapter 3

The bell rang, and everyone rushed out. Marcel was the last to go, so I made my move. I walked over to his desk leaned against another desk right behind me. I waited until he noticed, which obviously wasn't going to happen anytime soon. I coughed slightly, and he finally looked up. He took one glance and went straight back to stuffing everything in his backpack. I raised my eyebrows, getting a little annoyed.

"Um, hey Marcel. My name's Julie, and I was wondering if you wanted to come eat lu-" and just like that, he took off. He didn't once look back or anything. I looked over to Mr. Bright, and he just shrugged, turning back to his computer. I stormed out of the classroom, confused and a little upset. Why didnt he want to talk to me? Was it because I was annoying? Did I interrupt him in something? Maybe he was in a rush? I shook off the feeling and walked over to our usual spot where me and Makayla eat.

I sat on the bench, setting my backpack down waiting for Makayla. Everyone was starting to crowd around, but Makayla was no where in sight. I decided to go look around, since I have been waiting for as long as 10 minutes. I finally found her inside the cafeteria, sitting at a table with two guys. One of them was Marcel and the other from what seemed to be his twin. I was leaning against the wall right next to the entrance, so they could easily spot me. Julie was facing me, but it seemed she was too into the conversation she was having with Harry. Marcel sat right next to her, and she didnt seem to pay any attention to him. He didnt seem to care anyways. I pushed myself off the wall and walked my way towards them.

"Hey Makayla, thanks for telling me we'll be eating here today" I said sarcastically.

"Oh Julie, I'm so sorry for not telling you! I really am, oh my gosh. Here, come join us!" She said, motioning to sit next to her. Instead of going with what she intended, I decided to sit right next to ol' Marcel. I smiled at him, but he didnt seem to notice.He kept his head down, not even acknowledging my existence. Fine then, have it that way, I thought. I took a pretty good look at Harry. I probably shouldn't have done that. He really was attractive. Maybe even too attractive.

"Hi there Julie, I'm Harry, nice to meet you" Harry said. He stuckout his hand, and I gladly accepted it.

"Hi Harry, nice to meet you too", I shook his hand, and we both smiled at each other. Before I could even ask a question, the bell rang. We all got up and headed out towards our classes.

"Well, I guess I'll see you guys around then" I said.

"Why of course" Harry responded.

I nodded my head and turned around, walking to my class, the day almost ending.