124) On the Hunt for the Wild Dad

authors note: bet ya'll didn't expect to see me again. LOL

[Chat has been activated independent of the primary Stark Industries chat mainframe.]

Clint: Marlene, where even are we?

Marlene: That's a really, really good question.

Clint: Marlene.

Marlene: If my phone is correct we are somewhere in the middle of a forest.

Clint: I can't believe I let you drive us here. We are supposed to be looking for your father and you don't even know where we are.

Marlene: I follow the magic.

Clint: What magi-- you know what, I don't care. Just, lead the way. I've had it in over my head with all this magic, extraterrestrial, alien, magic....stuff.

Marlene: You are being redundant, but I understand your frustration. I worry for everyone as well, but it will be okay. I'm sure of that.

Clint: And here we have the little teenager consoling who should be the responsible adult here. {sighs} Let's just go get this done and then I'm going on vacation, for a long, long...looooongg time.

Marlene: Alright. Loki should be somewhere around here. {gets out of car and walks off into the woods}

Clint: {sighs again, then gets out and follows}

Marlene: FATHER WHERE ARE YOUUUU

Clint: So apparently the plan is to drive to the middle of nowhere, wander around in the unknown wilderness, and scream in hopes of summoning the Asgardian god of mischief and magic who just so happens to be your father. Brilliant plan, simply brilliant...

Marlene: Don't be so sarcastic. I know that you have had weirder missions.

Clint: Touche, Marlene. Touche. 

Marlene: FATHERRRRRRRRRRR

Clint: Hold up. Let me have a go.

Marlene: Alright.

Clint: {cups hands around mouth} THOR IS A LOSER

Loki: {POPS OUT OF THE BUSHES} YOU'RE DARNED RIGHT

Clint: There he is.

Marlene: Are you sure you aren't a mutant or Asgardian, Uncle Clint? That was pretty magical.

Clint: DON'T EVEN SAY THOSE WORDS. I'M HUMAN. SHH.

Marlene: OKAY, OKAY. Anyways. Hello, Dad.

Loki: Hello, little Marlene. What seems to be the matter?

Marlene: Mom is alive.

Loki: {FALLS OVER}

Clint: That's great, Marlene. You broke your father. 

Marlene: Let's just drag him back home...

[Chat has been deactivated.]

[Chat has been inactive for 1 day, 4 hours, 5 minutes, and 56 seconds.]

[Chat has been activated .]

Loki: So...Quinn is alive.

Clint: But, she's not who she used to be. She's not the woman you married. {looks to Marlene} She's not the woman who gave birth to you.

Marlene: Uncle Clint speaks the truth. How are we going to fight her? She's no longer herself, but she's stronger than ever and she has everyone.

Loki: I can cast a spell that Quinn once helped me create. It will keep her from delving into our minds. I already have it cast upon me. 

Marlene: Cast it upon Clint, but not on me. If she can get into my mind I can get into her's if need be.

Clint: How about we not cast anything upon Clint. How about that. I think that's a good plan and a solid course of action.

Loki: Don't be a wimp, Barton. Do you really want Quinn crawling around between your ears?

Clint: ....no.

Loki: Then let me cast it.

Clint: No.

Loki: Yes.

Clint: No.

Loki: Yes.

Clint: No.

Marlene: Dad. Uncle. We are wasting valuable time here...

Loki: Just let us cast the spell on you, Barton.

Clint: NO.

Loki: YOU IMPOSSIBLY STUBBORN MORTAL.

Clint: YOU STUPID ASGUARDIAN IDIOT.

Loki: YOU USELESS PAPERCLIP.

Clint: I actually don't have a comeback to that.

Loki: So, I win.

Clint: No you don't.

Loki: Yes I do.

Clint: No.

Loki: YES.

Clint: NO.

Marlene: OH MY GOD WE ARE NEVER GOING TO GET ANYTHING DONE AT THIS RATE. {LEAVES ROOM} Time to take things into my OWN hands...

Clint: What?

Loki: What?

Marlene: Nothing...

Loki: Oh, okay. Now where was I? Oh, right: YES.

Clint: NO.

[Marlene has deactivated the chat.]