chapter 10

I hurried to put on my makeup. (not too much or it'll smudge and come off easily in water...) I ran a brush through my hair and ran out my door in a rush to get downstairs and bumped into Ian.

"Whoa whoa watch it speedy." He said annoyingly. I shrugged him off and tried to get past him. He didn't let me. "What, I don't get to say 'happy birthday' by myself to my little sis?"

I gave him an annoyed look and he smiled. Picking me up in a lung crushing hug he spun around saying happy birthday till Alec came up the stairs.

"Ahem." he said trying to get Ian's attention. "Your mom needs Zoey so if you could kindly put her down that'd be great." Ian put me down and patted my head and I headed downstairs hand in hand with Alec.

"So," Mom began as soon as I got downstairs "Partys tomorrow! You excited?" I gave my best happy face and answered. "You know it!" Alec choked on a laugh.

"Awesome. So remember, the party is 5pm to 12am people should start arriving at 4:30-5. You walk in looking all pretty in your dress," She put emphasis on the word dress because I argued about wearing one "and starting with me, some of your family and friends will give you birthday speeches. Then its dancing for a while then cake presents more partying and then its over. You can't get out of your dress till the party's over so no changing clothes when I'm not looking!"

"Sounds like a plan." I said with fake enthusiasm. Alec gave my mom a look.

"Oh okay you two hurry on. Enjoy your day." mom said as she hurried to her car to go set up last min decorations.

Alec and I walked out the back door and into my back woods far enough in for Alec to pick me up, spread his beautiful white wings and take off. We were flying for a good 15 min over land and then ocean with me not knowing where we were going, until I saw it. He was taking me to our newly discovered island.

He landed swiftly and gently put me down. He held his hands over my eyes and guided me to a "special spot" as he called it. A minute of walking blindly passed and he stopped me and removed his hands. 

"Omg its beautiful!" I said not exaggerating. "You set this up all by yourself?" 

He smiled. "Of course. It took 3 late night trips but its your birthday so it was worth it." Alec had set up a picnic complete with jumbo picnic basket gorgeous blue checkered picnic blanket and silly little birthday decorations. It was adorable.

"I love it!" I said completely honest. I turned around and gave Alec a big hug and and even bigger kiss. We walked hand in hand to the blanket and sat down. I passed him the picnic basket. (damn was that heavy) He opened it and pulled out my favorite kind of sandwich, roast beef and cheese with hotsauce. He gave it to me and pulled out his own pbj sandwich and a big bag of cool ranc doritos. 

We finished eating our food and he reached in the basket and pulled out a big box that had a little box on top of it all wrapped up in a sea blue wrapping paper. I smiled big as he passed them to me.

"You didn't think the picnic alone was gonna be your whole present did you?" He said smiling. I just nodded and ripped open the big box first. I opened the box that was under the paper to find a big beautiful blue dress. I pulled it out and stood up holding it up to my body.

"Are you serious right now?!" I almost yelled twirling around with the dress held up to me. "This is the most beautiful dress in the world! Where am I ever gonna wear this?" I asked Alec.

"Well you can wear the dress and the heels at your birthday party tomorrow." He said smiling. Did he say heels? I looked back in the box to see a pair of heels that must have been hiding under the dress. I pulled them out. they were beautiful. Almost like Cinderellas shoes. They looked made of glass. They were the color of my dress with a big heart on the toes. 

"Open the other box." he said. I could hear something else in his voice. I did as was told. I unwrapped the small box and opened it up to see the most gorgous necklace I've ever seen.

"The big gem is a Sapphire and the surrounding ones are real diamonds." Alec said. I just stared at it. Then I stared at him.

"Diamonds? Sapphire? Alec how could you afford this? All of this? Its amazing. I can't take it though. You should return it. Its very pricey." I said.

"No you don't worry about the money. I got them for you and you are gonna wear them tomorrow." He said putting the necklace around my neck kissing from my neck to my shoulder.

"But my mom already got me a dress." 

"Don't you worry about that. I had your mom buy you that cheap so you thought you already had a dress." Alec said. He had thought of everything.

 I twirled around one more time before putting everything back in the box including the necklace and giving Alec a big hug. He held me tightly for a while. Eventually he let me loose just enough to be face to face him with him, his forehead against mine. I looked into his gorgeous eyes and got lost in feelings.

He slowly moved in for a kiss. With contact I lost myself. His lips were soft as usual. Warm and welcoming. He kept it gentle for a few minutes. As usual I had almost forgotten to breathe. He asked for entrance and I let him in. I felt a rush of adrenaline and lust flow through my body. The kiss deepened and all sorts of thoughts ran through my head. Most of them being just  "Alec"

We finally pulled back briefly for air still touching foreheads. He pushed some curls out of my eyes and kissed me on my nose. 

"Time to go back?" I asked not wanting this day to end.

"We should." Alec said and looked up at the sky. "Its gotta be about 4 o'clock." I half frowned and started walking towards the picnic again to clean up but he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me back, close. He kissed me hard, skipping the usual gentleness that comes when we start a kiss. One hand was planted firmly on my back and the other was entwined in my hair. I moved one hand to his head and one to his belt loop. okay zo you can control yourself.

He held me closer than ever, yet he seemed like he was struggling?

Alecs POV:

She moved her hand to my belt loop and I cringed. I didn't know how much longer could take it. I held her as close as possible. It was so hard not to just lose control and go all out. I've loved her all her life and I've always dreamed of it, but not here, not now. I can't do it now. Its too soon for her. I struggled but managed to pull away and we cleaned up the picnic and flew home.

I fell asleep stroking Zoeys hair and with a mind full of Zoey's and my own thoughts swirling around my head... She had wanted it too.

**********************************************************************************************************

Okay guys if this is posted it means I got 400 views!! Comment fan Vote!! I want more readers so spread the word if you like it!! I'm writing a new story called "And thats pretty much my life." you'll have to read it to find out what it is and I want 500 views before I publish anything with that story!