chapter 4

• Dedicated to Jordan Mato

"How's she doing?" asked a familiar yet distant voice. "I don't know," responded another voice. "She seems to be blacking out a lot lately. I've never heard of a Sylvest blacking out like that." "I have." the other voice said in a flat tone. "What are you talking about?" the other questioned. "Thousands of years ago, there was a Sylvest who blacked out often. She had a special power that was never seen before in the history of the Sylvest." the other replied. "What was her power?" the other asked interested. "Well her dreams were visions of the future. It started at age 16 for her. How old is Zoey?" the voice responded. "Shes 16. 3 days ago." the other informed. "You don't think she is the same way do you?" the other asked. "I guess all we can do is ask her. But I don't know how to wake her up. Last black out I witnessed didn't last this long." one of the voices said. "Maybe we need to bring her close to her element?" the other asked. "Good idea."

Next thing I knew I felt my body being lifted off the ground. I was in someones arms. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. Then all of the sudden I felt the wind coming at me. Fast. After a while of what I assumed was flying I suddenly felt a rush of ice cold Water. Ah water. I love water. 

I was fully emerged under water and tried to take a breath in. My mouth and nose filled with water and I started panicing. I felt death coming to me through my newly discovered affinity. I relaxed myself. A few minutes passed. Why have I not drowned yet? I am so confused. I tried opening my eyes again and succeeded this time.

I looked around. I really was under water! How on earth am I not dead yet. I took in a deep breath. The water came in through my mouth and out through my nose yet somehow I got air from it. "This is awesome!" I said in a bubbly voice that was full of water. I looked around. It was dark so it must have been night. Through the darkness I could see glimpses of fish of all different kinds. This was like a dream come true.

I swam up to the surface of the water. Man I'm a fast swimmer. As soon as I surfaced I did a 360 scanning the area. I was on a beach. I saw the shore line. It  must have been a mile away! I swam for it. Underwater of course. Not even 5 min passed and I came to shore. I looked over and saw Alec sitting on a rock waterside.

Alec looked like a god. He was so yummy. His Jet black hair reflected the moonlight perfectly. His deep blue eyes glimmering like the ocean water its self. He was shirtless and his pale white skin had cuts all over it. He had his beautiful white wings unfurled as if soaking in the light from the moon. 

During my admiration of his perfectness he looked over at me and smiled. He motioned for me to come over. So I did.

I sat next to him and he put his arm behind me as if he was gonna put it around me but decided not to. I was almost upset that he didn't. He looked over at me. His eyes looking deep into mine. I felt weak like I was gonna shrivel up and die if I didn't get to be with him. He leaned in a bit and pulled away fast. In the moonlight I could barley see him blush. 

"So," He said breaking the silence. "you look great." he paused and fixed him self quick as if he was embarrassed he said that. "I-I mean you look better. Healthier." I half smiled at him. Without breaking eye contact I put his arm around me. I felt him tense up. I gave him a reassuring smile and he loosened up and relaxed.

I turned my head to look at the moon. It was a full moon. The way it reflected off the water, it looked like a scene from a movie. A romance movie. The couple sits on the shore looking up at the moon and kiss the night away. HA! I wish. 

I swear to every greater being out there that Alec can read minds because as soon as I thought that he said my name.

"Zoe." he said in a shaky voice.

"Alec." I responded trying to be sarcastic and I turned to face him. Just as I did he leaned in and he kissed me. I was screaming on the inside. I had never been kissed before so I didn't know what to do. I just did what felt right.

The kiss started soft and very gentle, as if he was afraid to break me. Then the kiss started to get fuller. More meaningful, more passionate. Our toungs danced to the sounds of nature. The water hitting the shore, the whale songs, the night birds. It was perfect. He moved his hand up to caress my face, gently running his thumb across my cheek. He pulled me closer. I didn't want this moment to end, but sadly after a bit, it came to an end.

He pulled away, just a little bit, and looked into my eyes. I saw so much passion in him. My mom always told me that eyes are the key to the soul, and his eyes screamed my name.

He smiled apologetically and I shook my head no at him saying with my eyes 'I wanted that.' His smile changed to that of happiness and lust. I laid my head on his shoulder and we watched the water for about an hour.

"We should probably get you home." he said after a while of silence. "Ian and your mom will be worried sick, and I have to explain to your mom anything Ian didn't." His smile saddened. I could tell he didn't want to go just as much as I didn't. But he was right, we needed to get me home.

"So where exactly are we?" I asked

"North beach." he replied instantaneously.

"Dude! Thats 10 miles from my house!" I said in a hushed yell.

"Yeah well you ran quite the distance and this was the closest body of water and I needed to get you to some water. I- I was scared that you wouldn't wake up." he said.

"Well how are we-" I started but was interrupted as he picked me up took a running start and leaped 10 feet in the air and we started flying.

He smiled a cocky smile as I looked up at him in amazement. I would never get used to this but I loved the feeling.

We were flying for a good 10 min when we got to my house. He didn't land right in town at fear of someone seeing but he landed right on the boarder.

We walked hand in hand to my house and I silently opened the front door. We tip-toed into the house, but it was no use. Mom and Ian were sitting on the couch in the living room, a worried expression on moms face and a blank expression on Ians. I knew what was coming.

Mom shot up and ran over to me and gave me a big hug. Maybe I don't know whats coming.

"I'm so sorry I kept this from you. I wanted to keep you guys safe. I figured if you didn't know what you were than the buzzots would stay away from you and not see you as a threat. Ian saw one following you a few days ago, on your birthday, and I had him call Alec here." she motioned to Alec who stood there speachless. He obviously wasn't expecting an apology either.

"Mom, ar-" I studdered. "are you one of us too? Who else is. I wan't to know everyone."

"Just you, me, Ian, and Alec. Oh and, don't get mad at her I had her sworn to secrecy too, your friend Kayla."

"Kayla! Quiet Kayla? Kayla who couldn't harm a fly, Kayla!?" Omg how is that even possible! I must speak to her about this. "Whats your affinities?" I asked curious.

"Fire." mom said flat.

"Earth." Ian answered "And Kaylas is Spirit."

"Well that explains why shes always so calm." I said in a scarcastic voice.

"Honey its 3 in the morning and you have school tomorrow, all of you do. Go to bed. It was nice seeing you again, Alec." mom said

"Mom can Alec stay here?" I asked. I really didn't think he had a place to go but who knew.

"Sure." mom said. Gosh I love my mom. I gave mom a kiss on the cheek goodnight and we all ran upstairs.

***********************************************************************************************************

Thank you all for the reads:) I know I'm getting this one up a bit late but I was out all day. Thank you for the support. and thanks bailey for confidence boost =] vote if you guys like :)