Chapter 23: Grace

Grace:

My parents. They were right there in front of me. As proxies...slaves of slendermen...

They looked so different. But I know it was them. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind. For fifteen years I have been looking at their picture, wondering where they were, what had happened to them.

I never thought they abandoned me like everyone else did. I strongly believed in my heart that if they had abandoned me, they wouldn't have left me with the locket I never take off from around my neck. The locket, that two years ago, little did I know, told me who I was, all because of the engraving on the back.

SS. Slenderman Slayers.

---

Fifteen years ago:

The sun was hidden behind the clouds, a gentle rain drizzled down. It didn't bother the little girls though. They were too busy playing to notice any kind of unhappiness or danger around them.

Their parents however, could hear the screeching of the monster they were trained to kill. It was a cluster. And they were getting closer.

The parents of the little girls looked at each other, knowing they couldn't allow the demons to get any closer, or it would put the young girls lives at stake.

"Allen, watch the girls please." One of the mothers asked her fathers butler.

"Yes Miss Michelle." He replied.

The Walker daughter, her boyfriend, and the Jeager's got their gear and stole away into the rainy outside towards the direction of the oncoming cluster. They had no fear, this was their job, they had done it plenty of times.

But then they saw the danger. The creatures stood a good five feet above them, and clearly outnumbered them seven to four. Michelle and Daniel immediately wanted to get away, protect their daughter. But the Jeager's stood their ground. They were more than ready for a good fight.

They fought as hard as they could, but it was a difficult battle. This cluster was full grown, powerful, and outnumbered them.

"Fall back!" Shouted Michelle and she ran to protect her daughter, closely followed by her lover. The slendermen kept up, and continued to fight. "Allen! Get the girls to safety!"

The butler heard the demand and quickly gathered the girls. They didn't know what was going on, but followed the family friend.

The little feet ran, but one girl stalled. What it was in the distance she saw, no one knows, but it caught her attention. Her child mind forgot about following Allen, and she strayed to the object.

It was less than a second, but when he turned, Allen could no longer see the young Walker girl. He looked, but could not find her.

That was the last time young Grace Michelle Walker was seen, for fifteen years.

---

Present day:

Have you ever just had a moment where you see or hear something so...there isn't even a word for it. Impossible? Unbelievable? Totally and absolutely numb inducing shocking? Yeah that last one might work...

Have you ever had a moment where something is so shocking, you go completely, totally and absolutely numb? Because that's exactly what happened to me.

Long after my parents, I just couldn't call them anything but my parents, had disappeared, gone back to their proxy jobs, or however it works, I just stood like a wax figure staring at the spot they were standing.

Looks so real, yet completely unmoving. I might as well be a wax figure.

"Grace."

How am I supposed to feel at seeing something like this? Not only did I see my parents who have been missing for fifteen years, but I saw them as proxies.