Chapter 21: Vanessa

Vanessa

"IM COMING IN!" My brother yelled, barging in the room.

"Loud enough?" I rolled my eyes.

"No." He said sliding into the seat Aar had just gotten up from. "Now. What info have we gotten so far?" He asked business like.

"All of it." I said, motioning to Aaron's notes and the very beaten rogue. Ares swore.

We sat in an awkward silence for a moment while Ares read the notes. "They aren't very far from here.." He said. "Wait, wait, wait." His eyes narrowed and he held the paper closer, re-reading a certain sentence. "Who's leading it?" He asked, his head snapping up to stare at me, fully in alarm.

Angrily, I grabbed the paper and stormed out of the room. "Ness! Deep breaths!" Aaron called after me, literally right behind me. "Come on, Nessie."

"Fuck off!" I snapped.

"Nessie!" Zac jogged to catch up to me.

"Aar, Zac. We need to split up. The faster we take these bitches out the faster I can kill bitches." I said, turning to face them. "Why don't the three of us just go ahead." I pleaded.

"Orders are orders." Aaron said, sympathetically.

"Fuck the police!" I yelled, causing the rest I the group to turn their heads toward us. I accidentally caught Blaze's eye, and couldn't look away. Fuck. His eyes narrowed slightly, like he was trying to see something. "Th-the fuck are you looking at?!" I snapped, shakily.

He just shook his head slowly, but never looked away or said anything. Oh god. Did he figure something out? I forced myself to turn and walk away. I ended up tripping and falling into the brush. Fuck knows where Aar and Zac went. Swearing internally, I started pushing myself up, when I heard it.

"I think Vanessa is a spy for the rogues." Ares said. He must have thought I was out of ear shot.

"Why?" Grace asked.

"Her mom is the one running the rogue attacks."

"What?"

"Yeah. Serenity Adams. She supposedly died sixteen years ago, according to record and Vanessa'a story. So how is she alive and running this shit?"

"Maybe Vanessa didn't know." Grace defended me. Thank god she knew the truth.

"Bull shit. I knew something was off about her the second I met her." He retorted. There was something in his face. And if I knew my brother-ex brother-he wasn't sure whether or not to believe that statement or not. He really didn't know.

"We should give her a try.." Grace bargained.

"How about we don't?" I said, bitchily. I had stepped out of the trees and crossed my arms.

Grace looked at me sadly, and I gave her a quick nod, letting her know I wasn't upset with her, and knew what she was trying to do. "I don't know what you're trying to pull here-"

"Jaeger." I interrupted Ares' rant. "I'm in charge around here. Learn your place."

With that, I turned on my heels. I heard someone following me, and by the smell of Axe cologne, I knew it was Blaze. Without turning, I simply said his name. "Sipes.." Well, his last name. I can't trust myself to call him by his first name around him anymore.

"Who are you?" His question was more like a statement, or demand.

"Excuse me?" I turned to glare at him, big the second I did so, he had me pinned to a tree. I could smell the others, but they weren't anywhere near us. It was complete privacy.