Chapter 15: Vanessa

Vanessa

"Grace, sleep with me." the words drunkly slipped out of the man I love's mouth. The man I loved wanted my best friend, not me. I'd seen it a billion times on TV, but never thought it'd actually happen to me. I couldn't help but swing my head and stare at Grace. I was feeling all sorts of different types of pain all at the same time. Betrayal from Grace, heartache from Blaze, and the harsh slap across the face from reality. It was screaming "He moved on!" in my face.

A harsh laughter filled my mind. "Hahaha! You should see the look on your face!" Lloyd's voice rang through every empty, dusty corner of my mind. "Persephone's been replaced!" he said, laughing harder.

I couldn't say anything. No insults came to mind. No words formed in my mouth. I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry. I wanted to crawl under a rock and never come out.

Lloyd began fading out. "Tell me, Seph. Was it worth it?" he asked for the millionth time, his prescence disappearing into a light whisper, letting me know he was still watching.

When Grace slapped Blaze, I snapped back into reality. I still couldn't speak while she explained what happened after I disappeared. In fact, the heartache got worse. She started crying, and left. I tried standing, but the shock of reality left me paralyzed on the chair. I had been replaced. Replaced by my EX best friend. The colors in my vision began to fade, until every physical object I could see was some type of gray. Some people see red when they're pissed, I lose the color in my vision.

I stood up in a fury, slamming my hands down so hard onto the table, it snapped and broke, leaving a painful stinging on the bottoms of my fists. "ZACHARY! AARON!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, storming through the base, slamming, punching, pushing, anything violently offending to anything or one in my way, to find the communications room that my two team mates are, and I should be, always in.

Slamming the door open, Aaron and Zac looked up at me, unsurprised. They'd probably heard me coming. "I WANT HER OUT, AND I WANT HER OUT NOW!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The two boys exchanged a look. I was yelling so loudly, it wouldn't surprise me if you couldn't hear me through out the entire base. Carefully, Zac stood up, eyeing me like I was a wild animal that would attack him at anytime. He slowly closed the door, and slid back into his office chair, making his restraint from spinning in a circle very apparent. He leaned back, his hands resting behind his head. Aaron watched me with a blank expression, his chin resting on the top of his knuckles. They nodded at appropriate times during my "explaination," which was actually made up of "She..! And... And... she.. and he... and.." along with some unexplainable frusterated noises, the boys pretending they could understand anything I was saying.

I finally ended with a whine, and sank into my chair. The long table was empty, except for the three of us. Aaron of course sat at the head of it, while I sat at his right, Zac, his left. I could feel their worried expressions watching me as I let my forehead painfully hit the table, covering my head with my hands.

"Are you done?" Aaron asked, gently placing a hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner. When I nodded, Zac immediatly burst into an uproarious laughter. I just whined again. Aaron sighed, and I could hear him rubbing his forehead, probably with another headache. Zac and I tend to cause those a lot.

Pouting, I slowly sat back up in the chair, slouching, and ignoring the mess my hair'd become. "God, Ness! Your rages are hilarious." Zac laughed, rolling over to my side of the table and wrapping his arms around me. Slowly, but surely, the color started returning to my vision. "Now, tell us what happened. But this time, in english please. I don't speak Ness-rage." he winked, cooing softly in my ear.

"Was it that guy you like? What was his name.. Matthew Sipes?" Aaron asked, smiling sympathetically at me. I just grumbled in responce. "He hit on another girl?" he asked.