Chapter 10

**Just a little note to anyone who cares, I really appreciate you reading this, I know it literally took me forever to update and I apologize, but I hope you enjoy. Leave a comment and let me know. :) ***

All the members of the pack are supposed to be gathered in Jasmine's living room, but for some reason a few of the members are late, today of all days. We are supposed to have a strategy meeting to assign everyone's duties for tomorrow's hunt. This is ridiculous, who would've thought that werewolves aren't punctual, I mean the friggen pack leader is running late too. This is ridiculous! I think to myself, as I get up from my seat on the couch to grab a glass of water. I hope it will calm the restless feeling inside of me. I take my glass of water to my seat, when I see Erik walk in. He is holding a phone in his hand, looking paler than I've ever seen him. A hush falls over the room and everyone's eyes are on him.

"Peter and Isabella were taken when they were out patrolling last night." he says in a controlled voice.

Angry chatter starts up all around the room and everyone becomes distracted. I stand up from the couch and walk over to Erik.

"How could this happen, they are two of the best hunters I've ever seen!" I say feeling my anger rising.

"It was that ancient vampire we've been hearing about, I think he's trying to bait us."

"I don't care what he is or isn't trying to do, we are going to hunt that son of a bitch down and I am going to put a stake through his cold, dead heart!" I say, my voice as cold as ice.

"Okay, listen everyone!" I shout over the chatter in the room, and as soon as they hear my voice they all quiet down. This surprises me, but I figure their alpha trained them well.

"So, two of our member were taken and we will do everything in our power to find them and kill the dumb ass that thought he could get away with messing with us! This just so happens to be the dumb ass that we were going to hunt tomorrow. This unfortunate incident should motivate us to find him as soon as possible and end his miserable existence!"

My passionate speech gets a few cheers, but we are all too focused to waste too much time. Together we work out a plan to cover the most distance, but still be safe by splitting up into groups of three and searching our assigned areas of the city.

It takes us a couple of hours to get to the city, and  we arrive just in time for sunset. There is no point in hunting evil dead vampires during they day, they cant come out in the sun. I have Jasmine and Erik on my team, so I am not even the slightest bit worried about my safety. I am however worried about Derek's safety because, though I hope he will stay up there in his fortress of solitude and wait for me to come back, something in my gut tells me that he won't.

I am all geared up in my black jeans, tight black shirt and black leather jacket with stakes and knives tucked into my weapons belt, as well as straps on my thigh and arm. I imagine my short blode hair standing out in contrast to all the black I'm wearing.

It is colder now that the sun has set and the ground is covered in a layer of thick snow, making the abandoned buildings look nicer than they are during the day. I am lucky that my body temperature is a bit higher than the average human's and that jumping from roof to roof keeps me warm. We are in a factory area where vampire attacks have been reported recently, and we decided that the most efficient way to look through the area is if someone skims it from above and the other two look around on the ground. Since I love heights and Jas and Erik work better as a team, we decide that I should be the one hopping around.

My sensitive hearing picks up something in the area I haven't checked yet. I look around to let Erik and Jas know, but I can't see them anywhere. I make my way towards the noise slowly, I can't afford to waste time looking for them. I make my way slowly to where the noises are coming from, and see three vampires fighting with Jas, and Erik nowhere in sight. I make sure to be really quiet as I asses the situation, and decide on the best course of action. I don't have much time, because, even though Jas is one of our best fighters, she still can't take on three vampires on her own. 

I pull my stake out of my weapons belt and leap onto one of the leaches. He goes down, and I succeed in stabbing him straight in the heart. One down, two to go. "Where have you been? And where's Erik?" Jas asks in between punches. "I came right over when I heard you." I say, but I can't keep talking because this leach is one of the fastest and strongest ones I've ever fought, he must be an older one. Every time I try to get a hit in, he either blocks it, or moves out of the way. I finally manage to graze him with my stake, when out of the corner of my eyes I see another figure approaching. Oh hell! Not another one! How did we miss four vampires? I try to keep my focus on the vampire I'm fighting, and at the same time keep my eyes on the one approaching. I finally land a lucky hit, and am about to introduce my stake to his heart, when I feel hands grabbing me. For a second I lost sight of the third leach and now I'm in big trouble. I am about to yell out to Jas for help, when I notice her on the floor, and the third vampire coming towards me. Where the hell is Erik?

My heart is racing and I am about to shift, when I feel something stabbing into my neck. At first everything is blurry, and I can no longer feel my body, and then everything is dark.