Chapter 5

I cant pace like i usually would have, because i am too tired and i can barely walk as it is. I am thinking about finding him and demanding answers but i am too frustrated and angry and getting into a fight with him when i want answers from him is not the wisest thing, so instead i go back to my bed and lay down hoping for sleep. Since i am still recovering i fall asleep withing minutes. 

I have the strangest dream, i am in a cab when suddenly the cab stops and i get out to see what is going on and i see Derek. He is asking me to give in and be with hima and when i refuse he tells me that i cant run forever and that i will have to give in eventually. Then he leans down and he is about to kiss me, i can feel it in my bones and flesh but just as i feel the tingle of the closeness of his lips, i wake up breathing heavily and sweating. 

What the hell? That dream was so vivid, i wonder if its a memory, but why would i not want to be with Derek, that seemes so absurd, even if i dont know him, i feel this deep connection that cannot and will not be broken, as long as i shall live and when he is near me i feel this pleasent, warm and content feeling like I am whole, after a long time of feeling incomplete, why wouldnt i want that. 

Right at this moment i wish i have my memories, but wishing doesnt accomplish anything, going out and making it happen does, so i get out of bed slowly, so i dont fall over and i walk towards the door. I want to go and find Derek, so i can talk to him, but the only problem is that i have no idea where he is, so i walk out of my room without paying much attention to my surroundings i listen closely to see if maybe i could hear where he is. I might not have my memories, but i still remember that i am not human and something tells me that neither is he. 

I found his scent and followed it into a dark empty room, i was surprised that i got the location wrong, and i was about to leave when i noticed light seeping through closed glass doors. I walked to it and looked to see whar was behind the doorsand i am surprised when i see a balcony look over a property full of trees of all kinds that probably werent all native to this area. There sitting in a chair in the frigid air is Derek bent over a book, at first i dont realize what book it is, but as i am watching closer i see the title that says Romeo and Juliet. 

I start rubbing my arms because it is freezing, the cold air comming through the cracks around the door is proof enough and i watch him as he sits there in his blue button down shirt that brings out the colour of his eyes (Oh Hot Damn this boy's got style.-BDog(My friend) and no jacket, or sweter and i wonder how he isnt freezins his butt off. Which makes me wonder what he is since i know he isnt a lycanthrope, i mean come on im freezing my butt off here. I want to talk to him but i dont really know what i will say, so as i reach for the door, i chicken out and i'm about to leave when i hear him speak. 

"I know you're there, come on out if you want." he says not taking his eyes off his book.

"I dont want, I'm already half frozen inside, if i go outside i'll become an ice sculpture." i say willing him to look up at me when i'm speaking to him, i mean come one where did he leave his manners? Maybe they went out for lunch.

"You would make a very beautiful ice sculpture, a silent beauty." he says finally folding the book closed and looking up at me.

"Are you trying to tell me i talk too much?" i ask him placing my hand on my hip and giving him my look. 

"No, no, i'm just saying that... Ugh." he tried explaining but i am giving him my look and well it looks like he is a little frustrated. Simley face. 

I smiled at him and punched his arm lightly saying "I'm just teasing." i laugh when he gives me a confused look and when he finally gets it and relaxes i burst out laughing becuase the facial expression he had was just that funny. 

"Whats so funny?" he asks looking confused, making me laugh even more. 

"Your face." i say clutching at my stomach and bending over with laughter. When i'm done i straighten up and wipe my tears away. 

"I'm sorry, but you face was priceless in that moment of confusing." i say smiling. 

"I'm sure it was." he says in a flat tone and turns his back to me and goes to put the book back on the shelf.

"Romeo and Juliet?" i ask in a disbelieving tone.

"Timeless love story." he says with his back to me.

"You mean physical attraction, that love at fist sight garbage is not real love." i say stating my opinion on that stupid play. 

"What do you think real love is then?" he asks coming in front of me so quickly even my eyes cant follow his movements.

"I dont know... " i say surprised and a taken aback by his unexpected question and well his nearness isnt helping much either. "I was never in love." 

"Then why do you say that love at first sight is garbage? What if when you see the person you are meant to spend the rest of your life with you can feel it deep in your gut? What if you cant stop thinking about that person no matter what you try to get her out of your mind? What if she becomes the centre of your univese and everyone is bland and colourless compare to her? What if you cant bare the thought of being away from her? What do you call that, physical attraction?" he asks looking into my eyes with a passionate gaze.

"Call it what you will, its bogus, theres no such a thing as meant to be and  fate okay? The Universe or a higher power doesnt decide who you are supposed to be with, thats why we have free will." i say making air quotes around "supposed to be". 

"Then how do you explain that were soul mates?" he asks seriously.

"Yeah, okay and where did you get that from?" i ask sarcastically.

"The how do you explain that warm pleasent feeling when we are near each other, the feeling that you are complete and content? The butterflies  in your stomach when you see me, the speeding up of your heartbeat and breathing, how do you explain that?" he asks. I was so taken aback when he described everything i am feeling when i am near him that i dont really know what to say. 

I am speachless, so he leans in and whispers so close to my lips that i could taste his minty fresh breath "Meet me here at eight tonight." and withought another word walks out of the room leaving me stunned and confused about what the hell is going on with my life.

Authors Note:

Next chapter will be a good one.. Finally a little romance everyone has been waiting for and maybe, maybe a kiss. :) Hope you guys vote and comment and fan if you like it.