Zombie Killing Days - Chapter Eleven

Group:

Me (Kayleigh)

 Soph

Amy

Haydn

 Izzy

Jordan

Tom

Carlie

Location: Outside Tesco Express, Linslade

Location zombie count: 4

Situation: After finding means of transport, it was time to finish them up and get more supplies.

"I rekon that should be attached to the front of the car there." I instructed Tom and Amy, who were hard at work putting together amourplating for the car. It was a little dangerous working out in the open, and Jordan noticed that. "Shouldn't we go find a garage or something?" He suggested. "Maybe that place next to tesco, so we can properly fix up the car with the right tools."

"Good idea! We'll put whatever parts around here and put them in the back of the cars, then we'll make our way there." I said, "Carlie, Soph, Amy you can get in the back of my car. Jordan you can drive your own bike. And Haydn, you drive Izzy and Tom there." It was strange, I didn't like being in charge but it seemed we all shared resonsibilities equally.

At first, my driving was a little off, but sure enough I got the hang of it and began driving smoothly down the road at a steady 35mph. Haydn was driving infront of me, Jordan was leading the way on his new...ish bike. I loved the feeling of being behind the wheel, even though I thought I would never learn to drive, It seemed pretty natural... well... once I got the hang of it. I noticed that the fuel was running pretty low, so I'd soon have to figure out how to use the petrol pump, which thankfully wasn't very far from our destination. As soon as the others hopped out and off their vehicles, I told them I needed to fuel up. And by the noises our stomachs were making, so did we. We shut our cars in the garages and walked towards tesco with our weapons. There was no suprise when we found the doors had already been smashed in, glass covered the floor like a blanket of diamonds. The thing that really put us on edge... was the blood. It was everywhere.

We stuck together inside the supermarket, picking up items as we walked through the deserted isles. Thankfully, we didn't see any zombies. But we did see what looked like the zombies victims, or what was left of them. Trying not to gag, we quietly left and made our way back to the garages. It wasn't only food we picked up, but other useful items too, and others to save our boredom, like books and other things that would stop us from dieing of boredom.

"We couldn't have picked a better place!" Haydn looked towards Homebase. "We've got everything we need to fix up our cars and stuff right in there!"

"Looks like it hasn't been broken into... yet." Tom started walking to towards the glass doors, ready to smash his way in. But just before he got the chance, the doors slid open, the automatic doors were still up and running. Carlie took out a large notwpad and pens. "Time to start planning what we're going to need." So we bagan making a list of tools and materials. It took us an hour and a half to finally retrieve all the things we needed and get them to the garage. And it was going to take us the entire day to finish the cars and bike.