Zombie Killing Days - Chapter Two

The group:

Me (Kayleigh)

Soph

Amy

Location: Town centre

Location zombie count: 7

Situation: Kayleigh, Amy and Soph just encounered and killed their first zombies and now begin to prioritise.

"I just saw something move!" I darted my head down the side and looked down a dark alleyway.

"Don't worry, we're all on edge at the moment. Stay focused." Soph was the bravest of the three of us at that moment.

"She wasn't just being on edge!" Amy pointed to another creature, hobbiling it's way down the alley towards us. It spewed blood and saliva out of it's mouth which trickled down it's deformed face. It's clothes were torn and soaked with sweat and peices of what can only be it's last victim. Amy grabbed the nearest object she could find, which happened to be a clay plantpot that once decorated the pub. The beast fell to the ground unconcious after Amy smashed the clay over it's head. It didn't stop groaning and growling. In a violent rage powered through fear and adrenalin, Amy began to stamp on the attackers head over and over.

"Die you ugly peice of shit!" She gritted her teeth. after the seventh time her fot hit it's face, it's skull cracked upen like a coconut. Amy stepped back, wiped her shoe on the ground an caught her breath.

"Holy crap, Amy, you killed that thing on your own!" I was very impressed yet I knew I shouldn't say killing was a good thing. But these wern't real people... were they?

"Looks like these things are all over town." Soph looked around. More of these... things... were staggering around the town centre, looking for their next kill.

"I guess this is why there wern't many people in school today." Amy looked around and stroked her finge out of her face.

"How could this have happened so fast?" Soph turned to face us. "I mean, wouldn't the government warn us about this kinda thing?"

"Well a lot can happen in a day. As we can see." I replied. Just at that moment some people burst out of a shop window, their arms filled with supplies. They were soon out of sight.

"That's not a bad idea" Amy turned to face the pub. She then took sophs shoe from her, held her head back and... "Watch out!" She smashed the pub window with the heel of the shoe. "I know there's not going to be much useful stuff in there, but it's a start." She smiled.

"I like your thinking." Soph smiled. "But shouldn't we go get some kind of ruksacks first?"

"She's got a point." I laughed. "To Millets!" It was strange how we were all acting so calm in what was, the zombie apocalypse. Even though millets was only a minute walk away, right then, it would mean life or death, so we had to keep our eyes peeled. Thankfuly, the doors were unlocked, it seemed they'd left in a hurry. No creatures were inside. Amy and Soph started quietly laughing. "Look." Amy pointed to a zombie on the other end on the street trying to get into a building with a pull door by walking into it continuously. "I gues they arn't smrt enough to use doors." I smiled, humoured yet relieved. Soph, Amy and I grabbed a large ruksack each and began to rumage through shops. By the end of it we had a good suply of food and water... And alcahol and cigarettes to help calm the nerves. We had to try and keep our bags light. Soph had got a large knife from Millets because it was better than using her shoe to fight. Amy took a large hammer. And I got a baseball bat, which i had always wanted for zombie killing.We als got notepads and pens, to make priorities etc.

Prorities: Find others. Kill all zombies in the area. Find a safe house.

The priorities were few and basic, but in this world, that's all that's nessisary.

 It was time to find our friends.