Zombie Killing Days - Chapter Five

Group:

Me (Kayleigh)

 Soph

Amy

Haydn

 Izzy -

Location: Haydns house.

Location zombie count: 0

Situation: Searching for more weapons, supplies and survivors.

The good news was, Haydns house was zombie free. The bad news was, his house was still not safe enough to make a base AND most the weapons he owned had been taken or useless. We grabbed anything we could find and decided to walk to sophs house. She had a keys for everything in her house and it was pretty fucking zombie proof. Yet again, Walking just ten minutes felt like a lifetime. The slightest movement made everyone jump out of their skin. The only people we saw were in cars speeding past us trying to escape the hell in which probably the whole of the UK was becoming. Once we reached Sophs house, we did a quick search to make sure no zombies were there, then locked all the doors and windows so we coul have a moments rest.

"Right." I slumped down onto Sophs corner Sofa, it seemed like i hadn't sat down in weeks. " We best start planning." I smiled. I'd never seen us work so hard at planning in my entire life. Everyone was making checklists on what we had, exercise rotas, lists of people to find and all sorts of ideas were being written down. Onl ten minutes later, the living room walls were covered in paperwork; Diagrams, lists, tables, even maths calculating how long it would take to clear Leighton Buzzard of all the zombies... which was longer than I had thought. Who knew there were so many people living in such a small town???

"Does anyone want a coffee or anything?" Soph offered, everyone felt like they needed a drink, so Amy assisted Soph in the kitchen. Izzy leant up against Haydn. He put his arms around her and kissed her on the forehead. For a moment we sat in silence, the only noise was the sound of Soph and Amy stirring coffee. I gazed at all the planning on the walls, there was a lot to do. We were going to need a lot more people and a lot more suplies. Soph and Amy came into the room with the drinks and handed them round, Soph was also carrying a bowl.

"What's the bowl for?" I asked Soph. She got out a cigarette and lit it.

"Seeing as zombies are on the loose I kinda need a smoke." She took a large pull then blew out a long grey cloud of smoke. "It's not like I have to worry about cancer so much now."

"True." I said. And rolled a cigarette for myself.

"I might as well not care about passive smoking either." Amy looked up at us, completely serious.

"It's going to get dark soon. Should we make a rule never to go out at night?" Izzy ased.

"That's a good idea." We all agreed. Seeing as it was about three hours until sundown, we decided to try and find more survivours before calling it a night. We got knives, metal poles, and anything we could find that could be used to kill, then set off in the search. There were still very few zombies around, but suprise suprise we had to jynx ourselves.

"Look! Over there!" Haydn stopped still. There was one creature staggering towards us like a wild animal, attempting to increase its speed but failing. We all ran towards it at once and started beating it down with everything we had. It didn't take much seeing as there were five of us against one. So far that day we had killed seven zombies. Our aim was to kill ten each in one day, so we had a lot of work we needed to do. We soon got to Toms house, and he was in. He answered the door half asleep. "Hey, you guys seen my mum?" He asked.

"Tom, have you not noticed the zombies?" Haydn said calmly.

"What zombies? Have you been smoking something funny?" He laughed. He eyed us up and down, and only then noticed  all the blood stained weapons we were baring.

"What the fuck!" Tom suddenly slammed the door closed and we heard running up the stairs