Eighth Grade Nightmare

Thanks to everyone who read to this point and didn't just give up. You all are amazing and evidently like the freaking demented parts of my imagination.. Anywhoo..I wanted to thank you all from the bottom of my heart and you all mean so much to me. Well, I hope you enjoy this creepy dream I had about the yet to arrive first day of eighth grade.

________________________________________________________________________________

I sat in the first seat that was empty on the big yellow bus. It smelled like burnt rubber and anxiety. Oddly enough, no one was wearing a smile or talking at all.

Probably just tired. I thought to myself, resting my head against the cool glass of the window.

The high schoolers got off at our first stop, the high school. Many shot me death glares as they passed.

Jeesh, what's their problem?

We were almost to the middle school after a few other stops, when the bus driver slammed on the brakes and turned around and hissed at me. That's right, hissed. Like a snake. His eyes began to turn into slits and turned amber. "Get out. Now." He said through clenched teeth.

I looked at him in complete shock and utter confusion. "W-what?"

we were in the middle of the diamond! Why did everybody seem to hate me? What did I do?

"We're here. Get off!" He shouted, pointing out the window.

He was right-the diamond scenery faded away and we were parked in front of the middle school. It looked dark and ominous. Everyone else had gotten off and were headed towards the school.

The bus driver sighed, frustrated. "Do you want me to get the principal out here?" He demanded, snapping me out of my trance like state, and sending me flying off the bus onto the sidewalk where Tiarra was waiting for me.

She smiled, and hugged me. "I haven't seen you in forever!! I think we're in the same class, finally!"

I smiled weakly, trying to decide if the bus ride was my imagination or not. "Mr. Scaloada?"

"Yep. Come on, or we'll be late! Oh, I think Lakota and Ashley are in our class too.

********************************************************

We all were seated in Mr. Scaloada classroom. It was big..it seemed to stretch on  for about as long as the school's gym..  It was very white and had a lot of fish tanks all over the room.

Lakota and Ashley were my partners and we had all of our desks pushed into eachother, awaiting commands.

"Alright, class. First we are going to be learning the names of all of my fish. I will show you my latest one, Scruffy." He announced, picking up a sealed bag with a tiny goldfish inside. He walked around to the back of the room and set the bag on two unfamiliar students' desks. One was wearing no color other than black. The other was wearing the same, but her eyes were a shade of violet.

They passed on the fish with uninterest and Mr. Scaloada returned to the front of the room with a big, happy grin on his face. "I have a total of one hundred fish altogether, not counting the sharks." He declared, clasping his hands together.

Lakota turned around to get the fish, as we were the only ones left to look at Scruffy.

She poked the bag, making the fish try to swim away from her finger.

"Uh, please don't do that. He doesn't like being poked."

She smiled wickedly at him, but passed the bag on to Ashley who passed it to me.