Mercy Fortuna #5

[[A/N: I promised this would be uploaded today, but didn't have time to edit.. I WILL edit this tomorrow!!!   Edit: I never edited this.  So... just deal with that.]]

*Mercy's POV*

Oh, god. I feel dirty... used. I thought Kaiba was going to do it, he was going to 'buy' me from my father. But no, he sold me to someone else. Prostitution, I've become a whore. Why did this happen to me? I've never done anything wrong. Nothing! I don't deserve this.

No, no, no. Please just be a dream. But it's not. It really happened.

I stayed up the rest of the night, thinking about what I've become. Prostitute. Whore. The words kept bouncing around in my head, but by four AM, I was completely numb. I did my chores without thinking about it. Everything I did was on auto-pilot.  I threw on jeans, a shirt, and a large black hoodie. I flipped the hood up, hiding my face from peoples judging glares before I walked out my front door.

Coming upon the school, instead of waiting for Yugi and them, I headed straight to get my book then went right to class. Seto Kaiba came in, but I didn't spare him a glance, then Damon came in, looking me over. I could feel him judging me, like he knew what I had done, what I had become. I put my head down on the desk, not being able to keep my head held high anymore.

"Mercy," I heard someone say my name, but I didn't answer. My voice wasn't working, there was a lump stuck in my throat. So instead, I looked up into the worried eyes of my brother before once again I turned away, staring out the window.

Even the birds seemed to be looking at me in disgust. Eventually, Damon walked away, to sit back down in his desk. Once class started, everyone seemed to be sneaking curious glances at me from the corner of their eyes.

Right in the middle of class, I finally decided I had had enough and gathered my things, then walked out of the classroom, ignoring the teacher yelling at me to sit back down. I stuck my text book in my locker, then went to sit in one of the benches outside. Just a few minutes later, Yugi and Joey were next to me.

"What's the matter Mercy?" Yugi asked, looking into my eyes. His voice was oddly concerned, and I kept wondering why.  Why did he care, why did he bother with a disgusting whore like myself?  I kept my expression void of emotions.

"Nothing." I replied, tonelessly.

"C'mon, you can tell us Mercy, we're your friends," Joey looked at me, and then sat next to me.

"I'm sorry, but you wouldn't understand. I would like to explain it to you, but it would just cause more trouble." I whispered, staring at my shoes.

I heard the doors open again, then Seto Kaiba's voice rang out.

"Mercy, let's go. I'm going to talk to your father. I'd like you there." It was just then that his limo pulled up and he walked over to it, opening the door and standing beside it as if he was the chauffeur. Joey and Yugi stood there looking dumbfounded.

"Bye guys, I'll see you later".  At this rate, I'll never get to finish an entire day of school.  My feet carried me mechanically towards Seto Kaiba, and I stopped to stare at him for just a moment.  His brown hair flopped into his face slightly, taking away from his serious look, and giving his physical appearance a more boyish look, yet his normally blue eyes were nearly dark with anger.  

Swallowing loudly, I looked away.

I stepped into the limousine, Seto Kaiba following. I scooted over as far as the seat would allow and leaned my head against the window, sighing as softly as possibly as the cool glass touched onto my feverish skin.