Seto Kaiba #2.5

*Seto Kaiba's POV*

Mercy ran out of the Trigonometry class after being man-handled by her brother. I glanced down at Damon, who looked like he sincerely regretted hurting his sister before I sat down in my seat, not paying attention the entire hour. Instead I thought of her.

I'm not sure what is wrong with my head, or why I can't seem to stop thinking about the new girl, but I've decided that I didn't like it.

She was just some girl; I needed to get my mind off her. For gods’ sake, I was the CEO of Kaiba Corp, I had more important details to worry about other that the tears running out of her ice blue eyes, the way she walked with her head down as if she'd given up hope, or the bruise on her slender neck. Thankfully the bell ringing brought me out of my thoughts, and I slowly made my ways to fourth period.

After that was lunch, which I never ate so I went to stand in front of the school. It wasn't exciting out here, but at least it was something to do.

An old rusty truck, which I recognized as Yugi's grandfather's pulled into the parking lot. Shockingly, Mercy Fortuna stepped out of the passenger side. Wheeler and his gang rushed over towards her, before they began talking all at once.  I couldn't hear a word they said, but it seemed to me as if they were worried about the tiny figure who stood in front of them.

 "Mercy!" Someone bellowed, and instantly all the talking died down. I looked over to who had yelled; he was a bear of a man, in his late forties, he was clean shaven, with his hair slicked back, and in a suit that had Security Guard in yellow writing across it.

He had a 'don't mess with me' kind of aura, and as I watched him, I noticed that Mercy came right up to the man, walking as though she were headed to her doom, with her shoulders slumped and head bowed.

The man grabbed a hold of her arm, and even though she showed no emotion I could see his plump fingers digging into her flesh. Her eyes scanned the crowd until they landed on her brother, who looked petrified, then just as quickly as she found his gaze she broke it off and Mercy climbed into the trucks passenger side, while what I assumed to be her father got into the drivers side, looking downright murderous.

I took my cell phone out of my pants pocket and typed in a few numbers I knew basically by heart. When someone finally answered, I didn't pay attention to their greeting, instead simply saying, "Look up Mercy Fortuna and family", before I hung up without waiting for the person on the other line to reply. I then called my limo driver to come pick me up early, deciding I would skip the rest of today.

Two hours later, as I was doing some paper work for the company, my phone rang. On the other line, the private detective I had called earlier began to give me the information I had asked for on Mercy and her family. 

Mercy's mother and twin brother, Annabelle and Damon, ran away from home, going into hiding a couple of years ago. They lived in Domino city now, Damon attends Domino High and his mother works for my own company. Her Father, Trevor, works as a security guard at the local prison.

In the last five years, Mercy has had six broken bones, and multiple fractures, bruises, sprains, malnourishment, you name it, she's had it. One of her previous teachers had begun to complain to the police about Mercy's injuries, but the next day they had moved…here.

It all pointed to her father being an abusive bastard. Just like my own father.

Except Trevor Fortuna is far worse, he's doing this to a little girl, barely seventeen, with no muscles, barely any fat.

He ought to be taught a lesson. I began to think of how to get him arrested, or far, far worse. I could always order a hit on him, although I didn't want someone's blood on my hands, even a man like him. Have him lose his job, but all of those things would effect Mercy. I just needed a way to get that stupid, naive, beautiful girl out from under his roof.

Then I would work on her mother and Damon, what kind of people are they to abandon a young girl with a man like that. What the hell was wrong with them?  

Before I even knew it, I had fallen asleep, contemplating on how to save Mercy Fortuna from her god-awful life.