[18] Love and Fear

EDITED

July 21, 2014

If you find any grammatical/spelling errors, please politely let me know. I am not a professional, nor do I claim to be an experienced author. I do make mistakes that I am trying to clean up. Thank you, enjoy.

Okay, so Allow me to say, this story has only a few chapters left before the next book 'Girl Who Survived: Book Two' comes out.

This chapter is a filler... well, technically it shouldn't even be considered a chapter... and the reason for that is Because the next one is extremely sad and eventful.

I cried just thinking I'd have to write it. Sad day Thanks for listening to my rant.

[Chapter 18: Love and Fear]

I was closer than ever before with Cedric, and though I still carried a looming fear with me over the trial, I didn't let it hold me back from my feelings for him.

     We were alot more affectionate in days to come, which I was secretly eating up--but not in the gross "you're cuter--no, you're cuter" way because that really wasn’t my style. Cedric made me a sap at heart, but I was still fighting to keep my sarcastic, witty Ivory façade on.

     The next day, after the odd events of Harry rolling around on the floor in pain, no one questioned him as thoroughly as I had hoped for. I wanted some bloody answers, but I was reluctant in pushing for any myself. He probably would have told me if I asked enough times, but something told me he didn't really want to talk about it.

     "Dumbledore reckons You-Know-Who's getting stronger again as well?" Ron whispered to Harry, Hermione, and I. (Hashtag SQUAD)

     Harry shared with us everything he had seen in the Pensieve and everything Dumbledore had told and shown him afterward. He had also told Sirius, to whom Harry had sent an owl the moment he had left Dumbledore's office. I was almost afraid Sirius would slip up and mention my visit the other day. Granted, I hadn't told him it was a secret to be kept, but I'll kiss Merlin's beard if Harry wouldn't be upset with me for not telling anyone.

     The four of us sat up late in the common room once again that night, talking it all over until my mind was reeling with unanswered questions and theories and jumbled information.

     "And he trusts Snape?" Ron said. "He really trusts Snape, even though he knows he was a Death Eater?"

     "Yes," said Harry.

     Hermione had not spoken for ten minutes. She was sitting with her forehead in her hands, staring at her knees. She too looked as though she could have done with a Pensieve.

     "Rita Skeeter," she muttered finally.

     "How can you be worrying about her now?" said Ron, in utter disbelief.

     "I'm not worrying about her," Hermione said to her knees. "I'm just thinking... remember what she said in the Three Broomsticks? 'I know things about Ludo Bagman that would make your hair curl.' This is what she meant, isn't it? She reported his trial, she knew he'd passed information to the Death Eaters. And Winky too, remember... 'Ludo Bagman's a bad wizard.' Mr. Crouch would have been furious he got off, he would have talked about it at home."

     "Wait, you guys saw her that day too?" I asked, turning to face Hermione fully. That wasn't the best day. I'd let my temper snap on her.

     She nodded, "And I'm surprised an article about me didn't pop up."