[17] Secrets Don't Make Friends.

EDITED

June 23, 2014

If you find any grammatical/spelling errors, please politely let me know. I am not a professional, nor do I claim to be an experienced author. I do make mistakes that I am trying to clean up. Thank you, enjoy.

   ...

[Chapter 17: Secrets Don't make friends.]

Ron, Harry, and Hermione kept talking about what happened in the woods. I didn't want to think about the events I had witnessed, so when it was brought up in normal conversation, I kept quiet. I still hadn't come clean about anything to anyone, though I was planning on it this morning. It would require special permission from Dumbledore.

     I strolled to the gargoyle casually muttering, "Sherbert Lemon."

     The passage way opened and I stepped in, waiting to transcend to the door with a Griffin.

     I slowly opened the door to see Dumbledore writing in a journal like book.

     "Hello, Mrs. Ivory. Why are you up so early?" He asked, "Is something the matter?"

     I shook my head no, "No sir. I need to ask a favor." He looked extremely intrigued, and leaned forward a bit, waiting for me to continue. "I need to see someone in Hogsmeade..."

     He gave me a look of disapproval, "Acacia, today is a school day. And you know as well as I do that students are only permitted to go on certain days."

     "Dumbledore, please!" I begged, sitting back and sighing. "This is important."

     "This wouldn't have anything to do with Mr. Crouch, would it?"

     I was silent. How could he know? I was still very scared by Mr. Crouch's words. I both wanted and needed some input from Sirius. if nothing else, I just needed someone I could trust to tell.

     "Ash." Dumbledore's voice was a quiet rumble, "If something was said in those woods, you need to tell me."

     I shook my head solemnly, "Nothing." It physically hurt me to lie to him. Dumbledore had taken me in and taught me things the proper way, when he hadn't had to at all. "Look, I would hate to leave the castle without permission and risk expulsion, but it has to be done."

     Dumbledore sighed, "Be back before your classes start."

     I thanked him and left the grounds quickly, unwanting to be caught by anh teachers. It was very early, and the only light was a strio of sun on the horizon as it slowly made its way into the sky.

     As I was walking, I realized I probably wouldn't be able to keep well on Dumbledore's wishes to return before classes started, but from the twinkle in his eye, I got the feeling that a bit of tardiness couldn't do much harm. I walked through the surprisingly empty streets of Hogsmeade, and turned down the winding dirt path. I stopped at the very foot of a mountain, where the ground was covered with boulders and rocks. Again preparing for the treacherous hike, I pulled up the bottom of my jeans and began climbing. For nearly half an hour I climbed a steep, winding, and stony path, and beads of sweat began to accumulate on my forehead. At last, I saw the narrow fissure in the rock. Squeezing into it, I found myself once again in the cool, dimly lit cave.

     "Acacia?" Sirius asked, sounding alarmed, "What are you doing here? It isn't a Hogsmeade day. Are the others with you?"

     "Sirius, I needed to talk to you. This is very important, and quite frankly, frightening as well." I said, a faint quiver in my voice, "I couldn't put what I'm about to tell you in a letter."