Humming Bird HeartBeat (Jason McCann love story) part 3

Its been two days and I have been working on the background music with Dan and Jason smiled the whole time and I sighed I felt bad having him with me all the time and my mom said she was going to be gone longer….i have actually started to have bigger feelings for Jason. The problem is…I don’t want to say anything…we have gotten closer like really good friends and I don’t want to ruin it. He still wont tell me about his past which I understand and I have told him my story after having a nightmare and begging him to sleep next to me since I was scared.

We finished for the day and I told the principle who said were doing the assembly for tomorrow instead then and I sighed a bit and walked out closing my phone. “Jason you don’t have to keep following me you know..” I said looking at him and he looked up surprised.

“I want to…just to make sure your safe..” he said I looked at him with a smile and shook my head a bit.

“Jason…don’t you want to get a job?” I asked and he gave me one of his your-so-naïve-its-amusing look and I gave him the look that said I-am-not-that-naïve.

“don’t you think ive tried no one wants an ex bomber or convict working for them..” he said raising an eyebrow at me.

“Jason why don’t you work here…it has good pay…flexible hours…I need someone to help out this old man” he said smiling and I gave him the ha-i-won look that he hates sometimes and Jason perked up ignoring the look.

“really?” he asked and Dan looked at me amused and then back at Jason with a softer look to him.

“Jason you’ve been protecting aria…I appreciate it and not once has she complained…and she looks a lot more healthier too..so in repayment of her trust towards you…you can work here starting tomorrow at 4.” He said leaving and he stopped at the door “don’t be late”

“I wont sir I promise”  Jason said excitedly and I grinned at him and he hugged me spinning me in a circle and I laughed a bit.

The next day found me in front of the whole school on the stage and I was incredibly nervous right now I got shouts to get off the stage. I took a deep steadying breath and looked to my right and Jason was at the edge of the stage and told me to say something. I looked around and cleared my throat I was wearing a loose striped top a hat that was jasons and a pair of skinny jeans with calf high velvet black boots.

“will everyone…JUST SHUT UP!”  I yelled and everyone gasped and I sighed a bit and looked down and looked back up. “look I know very well how many of you hate being in the auditorium and listening to someone ramble on about something you don’t care about…but bullying has happened here in this school..i know you all saw it happening to me…I know you all were too stupid or too smart or even too cool to even try to intervene…I almost died yesterday because the bullying got out of hand..” I said stopping and I looked at Jason and he was looking down with a frown on his face.

“WHO CARES!?” it was one of alexs cronies and I glared annoyed

“I do…you may not care at all but I do…I value my life…I have one in case none of you even noticed or even cared…I am graduating soon…I am only 16 years old and I am graduating….i have a plan for my life…I have people who care about me in my life..” I said looking at everyone who were currently enraptured in what I had to say…

“look we get it you almost died” he stood up and walked onto the stage it was nate and I glared at him getting pissed off. “now how about we all go to our classes since we all know bullying is bad” he said smirking at me.

“well..nate…your one of alexs mindless monkeys…you of all people know what I went through…” I said and everyone gasped in shock at what I just said and the principle looked pissed seeing as how nate is his son.

He looked scared at everyone and ran off and I looked back out with a sickly sweet smile on my face and Jason was snickering out of the corner of my eye as he held onto nate. I looked at everyone and looked at them nervously as the band kids came out and we shook hands I actually made some friends out of them and smiled a bit.

“so please bare with me with this song I haven’t sung in front of a crowd in a while..”  I started to sing the song skyscraper (a/n I know its by demi lovato bear with me please) I finished with tears rolling down my face. I sighed shakily and the principle and counselor took over and I went backstage and Jason pulled me into a hug and kept his arm around my shoulder and had a smirk on his face and looked down at me.

“lets get out of here..” he said I nodded and we left the auditorium and headed out the school doors and walked down the street and a man stepped in front of us.

“hello…Jason” Jason froze next to me and got a very angry look on his face it was dark and scary I don’t know who this guy is…I hardly know anything about Jason…but I do know one thing is for sure…Jason doesn’t like him.