Chapter Ten: PRINCE JAMES

My planet is dying....I thought to myself.... My planet is dying and I must rely on a female to fix it. 

      I ran my fingers roughly through my hair, yanking slightly at the ends. I stared at the statistics. The Rot, was slowly invading Gallium's core, killing the planet slowly. It has not yet done enough damage that its effects are noticeable to the people. Not yet at least. 

      Another report flashes across the screen. Fifteen percent  core death has now risen to twenty percent. 

      "It is progressing....." I mumbled to myself. I cursed violently, shoving back from my desk to pace. It has been seven years since the Rot was found in the core. Seven long years looking for something, or someone to cure it. I cursed again. "It's moving too quickly now....." I cursed again, and again. This time cursing anyone and everything that came to my mind. 

      I cursed my father, hoping his body is eaten by the Rot where it lays, for being a coward. I curse my sisters for being born girls, as well as for not at least wanting to shoulder some of my responsibilities. I curse my shoulders for quivering under such responsibilities. And I damn  the Barbarians, the Scum, those bloody Cnidarians who infected my planet with the Rot. 

      I pace some more....Throw some things.... Pace... Sulk... Scream... Shoat... Pace... Throw more things.... Until my chambers look as though a band of robbers had torn it apart. 

      I ran my hand through my hair again. Gripping a bit more tightly this time, then released again. 

      Twelve women, some are mere girls. Twelve girls and only one may have the power to save Gallium. And I prayed that at least one actually does, because the alternative is unthinkable. Yet it may be the only chance this planet has. Twelve girls. And not enough time. 

      I kicked the already tipped over chair. It went flying, crashing into the far wall and braking into pieces.  

      Twelve girls. Twelve girls. Girl number Twelve. I closed my eyes picturing her in my mind. She is lovely. Not the most beautiful of the Twelve but beautiful. She is strong too, she must be. No one survives years of slavery without some level of strength. Strong and Beautiful. She may just save Gallium. Or she may not. 

       My planet is dying.... I think to myself again..... and I am thinking of a girl....a female that just arrived to my dying planet.... a strong, lovely female...... who may just save my dying planet.....