Chapter 32

Chapter 32

-Clove-

My dad is a nervous wreck. Ever since mom died, dad has been so anxious about me and my little sister Eloina.

Apparently he had gone through the roof when he found out about that I was pregnant. But when I got home, he said that he didn't care , as long as I'm okay. And I'm so okay, really okay. Just if the girls in school could stop whispering about me when I walkt by. Sure I have a baby bump, but not so very big yet.

Eloina didn't seem to understand that she is going to be an aunt, she's only five years. My mother died when I was eleven years old, a few months after Eloinas birth.

I try to prepare Eloina, but fails, she is a little baby herself, she's my little princess.

My family got a new house in the victor's village.

I sit on the floor by the fire and watching the dancing flames and Eloisa toddles up to me and sits down next to me. She lies down with her head in my lap and I stroke her hair.

"Will there be a baby?" she asks suddenly.

"Yes but not quite yet", I say quietly.

"Ah", she sighs and falls asleep.

After a few minutes, dad brings Eloisa in her room.

I look into the flames and let the tears flow.

But I now I will get through this.

It's almost 9 p.m. and I'm suppose to have dinner with Cato's family.

I'll take the support of the table behind me to get up and I go to my father in the kitchen.

"I go now", I say. "Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"No it dosen't feel right to leave Eloina by herself", dad smiles tired. "But there will be other times".

"Yeah that's true", I say "But I won't be gone for long, I'm really tired".

"Okay sweetie, but don't stress", dad says.

I go out to the hall and go two houses until I come to Cato's house.

I knock on the door.

The door opens after five seconds by Cato's mother.

The smell of the food is overwhelmed and my stomach starts to rumble quiet.

"Clove, it's fun to see you", Cato's mother Calern says softly. "Come in".

I step in and Caleen gives me a warm hug.

She leads me to the living room where Cato and one of his brothers fun wrestling.

For a moment he looks up and sees me. It was enough time for his brother to tackle him to the floor. 

Chuckling of laugh, his brother jumps off of him.

Cato gets up and runs over to me, lift me off the floor and spins around with me.

"Beware the baby, Cato", Caleen shouts.

After the dinner Cato and I sits by ourselves in the living room by the fireplace.

I lean my head against his chest and sniff his scent. I sniff security and love.

I love him so much.

He caresses my bump and smile at me.

I smile at him before I leaning my head on his chest again.