Chapter 22

Chapter 22

-Clove-

I yawn and open my eyes.

Then I feel that I have something in my hand. Another hand. I look down and find the owner of the hand, it's Cato.

Poor Cato, he slept sitting up on the floor? How much is the clock? I look around and see some numbers shine in green. 4:07 a.m.

I decide to wake him up, so he can go and lie down in his bed, and sleep off the few hours.

I let go of Cato and sit beside him on the floor. I caress his cheek with my hand. His eyelids flutter. I see how he begins to focus his eyes, and then he sees me.

"Hey babe", he says and puts an arm around my shoulders.

"Hey sweetie", I say, trying to sound seductive but choos that moment to yawn.

Cato laughs.

"What time is it?" he asks.

"4:10 a.m."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, I thought you wanted to sleep in your own bed", I say.

"Oh, you did?"

He leans over me. Soon, I lie on the floor. Cato has both hands on the sides of my head and holding his upper body up but leaning his face down to meet my lips. I meet them but drag myself out of the kiss and puls Cato aside so that he lands on his back.

"Hey!" he laughs. "Why did you do that?"

"Just because".

We both laugh. I sit up and pull up Cato so he sits up.

"But seriously, you should go and sleep", I say. "It didn't look especially comfortable, the way you slept".

"But it was, as log as you are here, I always sleep comfortable", Cato answers, but he stands up. "But you're probably right". 

He hands me his hand and pulls me up on my feet.

"I always have", I say. "And don't forget it".

"Never", Cato whispers and kisses me.

When he pulls away to walk out of the room, I almost shout at him to stop, before I remember that it was I who told him to go to bed.

I put myself into bed, pull the blanket over me and huddle me and fall asleep with a smile on my face.

When I open my eyes again, I'm awakened by Tryffina. I don't really understand what is happening because I'm so tired, but soon I notice that I'm on a hovercraft. Probably to take me to the arena.

I see Keela come to me.

"Hey Clove", he says.

"Hey", I say.

While we fly they fix me, but I just want us to arrive, so that I can meet Cato again.

When we arrive, we will enter a room. It's a nice new place where I'll prepare myself.

Keela and I talks and eats breakfast, and then the clothes arrive in a box, but I don't care much about the clothes so I don't even notice what it is, but I do notice that the shoes are books, anyway.

Keela helps me on with my clothes and put my hair up in a nice tassel.

"You know, you're not as little as I first thought", Keela said.

"Wow, was that a compliment?" I say and pretend to be genuinely shocked.

"Ha ha", he says sarcastically but smile. "Be sure to come back your brat".

"Okey", I say before he pulls me into a hug.

I start laughing, Keela is a little sensitive.

"60 seconds left", a voice from the plate said.

I light up, soon I will meet Cato again.

Keela leads me up to the plate and I step on it.

"30 seconds left".

"Do you promise to come back then?" Keela asking.

"Of course I do", I say.

I smile at him. My dear, talented, boastful stylist Keela want me to survive and come back.

"10... 9... 8... 7... 6..."

"Thank you for everything you've done", I say and give him a blow kiss. He catches it and brings it to his heart.

"3... 2..."

"I'm cheering for you", Keela said.

"1..." and a tube is lowered over me.

I hoisted up. Up against the arena.