Day 110: Distraction

Thank you to _Keep-Calm_ for the cover for this book!!! This chapter is dedicated to you!

Sorry this is short, but I just wanted to post something.

Ten comments and Ten votes before the next chapter

UNEDITED

December 24, Tuesday

I stayed on the couch, going through Maggie's notes from class. Studying for the test in Mr. Fitz's class.

Everybody in the house was still sleeping in their rooms. Mike and Ike in their own room and Maggie got te guest bedroom. All three of them apologized for having me stay on the couch; I told them it was fine since Maggie was here first.

I sighed as I leaned over the back of the couch and grabbed somebody's notebook. I opened it and flipped it to the next blank page, which was in the middle of the spiral. There was already a pencil captured inside the metal spiral. I tilted the spiral straight up and down and tapped my hand on top of the opening, allowing the pencil to fall to the bottom and land in my land.

Glancing back over at Maggie's notes, I took my notes over the things that I needed a refresher on and topics that I had no idea he even mentioned in class. I would write down the main theme, then a dash, followed by the details on that topic. With bullet points for each of the details.

"Good morning, Logan," Ike called out when he entered the kitchen. He stopped while opening the refrigerator, and glanced at me. "Please tell me you are writing a book and not working on school work during a holiday," he reached into the refrigerator and pulled out the jug of orange juice. He just took off the cap and put his lips around the top of it and began to drink from it.

He put the cap back on it when he was done taking his sip. Ike held the orange juice by the handle and carried it to the table across from the couch. Once he set it down, he sat down next to my feet, which were stretched out in front of me. He grabbed my ankles and put my feet on his lap.

My feet had fuzzy socks on top of them, protecting them from the cold hard wood floors when I walked on them. I flinched them a little, then he put his hands on my feet.

"Relax," Ike said, "You look a little stressed, I'm just giving you a foot massage." He started to use both of his hands to rub the inside and outside of my foot. "How is Max?"

Taking a few moments to answer, I placed both of the notebooks on the table. I leaned against the head rest and the back of the couch, closing my eyes. "He's fine. I left so he could spend some time with his family without me there."

Ike hmmed and switched feet. "What did you do there?"

"Cooked, walked and sometimes went searching for their dog, slept, talked with his parents, and hung out with Autumn," I answered him, not really thinking about what I was saying.

When Autumn's name fell from my lips, I started to doubt my decision to leave the house. In someways it was good, he spent a semester away from his daughter and his family. He did spend a year away from school, to raise her. Max could have gotten tired of his parents, but not of Autumn, she is was...

Well, there was not really any words to discribe her.

When Autumn was around, she did not feel the tension in the room. She did not know that she was the cause of that tension. She was the penny in the air, still waiting to be discussed. She brought back memories of when I first arrived in London.

Before I landed in London.

The little boy on the plane, talking about the London Eye, and the 'eggs' that he wanted to rid in.