Day 4: Gaze

Picture of the twins on the side------>

Unedited

September 9, Monday

After the first class of school, I felt like dropping out. My British professor had a really thick English accent that made it very hard for me to understand what he was saying. After the class ended, I tried to find someone who else was in my class, who hopefully could understand the professor. The first three people I went up to did not understand him and said that they were going to drop out of it because of his accent. Losers.

Seriously, you are going to drop a class because of a teacher's accent? This is college. Not high school or what people call it over here.

The fourth person I asked turned out to the be lunatic from the store I meet while looking for Max's sticky notes. Maggie.

"Oh yeah, Mr. Fitz is a bit of a funny head," Oh God. "He puts on a fake thick British accent for the first day, then he wants to see what students drop out. Don't worry, next week, he will tell you why and use his American accent."

I nodded then I walked away, but then she came right back up to me.

"I heard that you are that girl that ended on the boy floor with a boy roommate," she explained to me. Does anyone in this school not know? "What's it like living with a boy? That's your age?" Has this girl even talked to a boy ? Ever?

I rolled my eyes at her. "It's completely normal, we just get a few a more rules and a few more questions asked when they check up on us," when I finished explaining, she still had a smile on her face. She wanted to know something more. "Have you ever been in the same room as a boy?"

"Of course I have."

"No I meant," I took a deep breath and hitched my messenger bag higher up on my shoulder, "Have you ever been in the same room as a boy alone? Together?"

Maggie shook her head, "I am a bit of a loner." Who knew? She opened her mouth to start speaking again, and I zoned her out and gave her a once over. She was wearing jeans and a sweater than was a bit too baggy for her body.

From what she said the other day, I could see why people accidently mistook her for a being a boy. She did kind of dress like one; dressed in comfortable clothes. If she out grew her hair, where it would not be boyish, I think she could pull it off and still be a girl. But she did not have enough breasts to make her look like girl with short hair.

After a while, I interrupted her, "Do you want to meet some of my friends?"

She nodded. "Are they girls or boys?"

"Boys. I haven't really had any chances to be around girls lately," I turned around and started to hope that she would not be following me. After five steps, I turned my head and realized that she was. Shoot.