Orphan Girl (1)

Heyaaa guys, Just an Orphan Girl has been nominated for the Teen Wolf FanFic category, voting starts January 6th, and would be really cool if you guys could chuck me a vote :)
thanks and enjoying Orphan girl
Claire xx

**************************************************************************

Have you ever wished you could swap lives with someone else?

Take their spot in life and everything that goes with it.

The way they look, their personality, their family, them altogether?

Trust me; I do this all the time. I walk through the school hallways and wonder what life would be like being someone important. What it would be like if everyone knew my name and who I was. I think about these things constantly. I think about it in class, at work, in my room, everywhere basically.

Thoughts like these don't ever leave my mind.

I was left on the doorstep at the Bluestone orphanage when I was a young child, and haven't seen my parents ever since that day. All I have from them is a photo of the three of us together from the day I was born and a small ripped newspaper article describing their death.

To this day I can still remember the day I found out they were dead. I can recall running to the door after hearing a soft knock late one night. It was almost dark outside, and we were in the middle of winter meaning it was way too cold for people to be standing outside for too long. I can discreetly recall the policemen's expressions when they saw the big smile on my face as I opened the door. They each took their hats off and placed it on their chests. I was little; I didn't have a single clue what they were doing.

"Oakley Green?" The policeman in the middle of the three men asked. He bent down so he was at my level and could see me properly.

Suddenly becoming shy, I dropped my eyes to the ground and nodded.

The policeman smiled sadly at me. "Is Mary home darl?"

Right on cue I can still remember the sharp screech in Mary's voice when she called my name from the kitchen. "Oakley close the door, you're letting the cold air inside."

I blushed deeply and pushed the door open for the officers to walk through. They walked ahead of me slowly trying to find where the kitchen was located. I was only six years old; I didn't understand why they were in my house at the time.

"Mary, we're very sorry to intrude into your house at this hour, but can we speak to you for a moment please?" The man who spoke to me at the door asked her. Mary jumped up from the chair she was sitting on, and brushed down on the apron she was wearing.

"Oh of course, is everything alright officer?" She asked, her voice filling with concern.

The policemen looked down at me then back up towards Mary. Even a six year old can realize when she's not wanted in the room. Mary rushed me out of the kitchen and into my bedroom but being the sticky beak I was back then, I crept down out of my room and lent my ear against the door wanting to listen in about what was so important that I wasn't allowed to hear in the first place.

I could faintly hear the muffled voices, but when I did I new it wasn't going to be something pleasant.

"We understand Oakley lives here and has for most her life, but we agreed that she has a right to know." I heard a deep voice say.

"She's already been through enough grief as it is, telling Oakley that her parents were murdered by wolves will only bring more heart ache to the small child. She can only handle so much." Mary said with a cold, emotionless voice.