Chapter Four

By the time we arrived, red solo cups were littered all around the estate, along with a few drunken girls. The party was in full swing when we strolled in. "I'm gonna see if they have any food," Madi told us. I envied how she could eat whatever she wanted and yet never gain a single pound.

"Hey, you guys want something to drink?" Chelsea was always the one offering us alcohol. Nichole shook her head quickly.

"I'm the designated-driver, so none for me," Ashley explained. "And Nichole doesn't drink. You know that, Chels." Nichole's light blonde hair curtained her face, and the expression she wore was like a little kid getting in trouble.

"Sorry," she squeaked out.

"It's fine, Nichole. If you don't want to drink, you don't have to." I think she said "thanks" but I couldn't make it out because she was so quiet. "But bring me one." Chelsea smiled and walked towards the kitchen.

"Let dance," Nichole cheered out, snatching Ashley's wrist and pulling her into the crowd of people.

"And then there was one..." I mumbled to myself. I watched them for a little bit, and then after feeling creepy set out to find Chelsea.

Squeezing through the hallway was a nightmare. Some girl laughed deafeningly loud in my ear, and a guy burped right in my face! Words cannot describe how badly I wanted to puke after that, but I somehow managed to keep it down. I was now in the kitchen where more inebriated people were sleeping on the counter.

After scanning the area, I realized Chelsea wasn't here. I took a deep breath and grabbed a cooler, turning sharply. Of course, there was a guy behind me with my cooler all over him. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" I had already grabbed a towel and began patting the drink off of his plain grey tee-shirt.

His chest vibrated as I continued, he was laughing at me! I handed him the towel angrily. "Something funny?" My voice came out harsher than I had originally intended, but he didn't seem to mind.

"No, you're just so cute when you're angry." Instantly, my cheeks flamed. Praying he couldn't see them in the dimmed light, he spoke. "And it's fine about the shirt, I'll just get another one from upstairs." Was this guy a thief? A handsome, seemingly nice, thief? I swear he could read minds, because he answered my question before I could even open my mouth. "This is my house. I'm-" A loud yell interrupted him. "My name is-"

Before he could finish, a large arm was wrapped around his shoulder. "Hey, we're playing beer pong in the other room, and I need a partner!" I couldn't quite make out what he replied, but his friend looked me up and down.

I nervously tugged at the hem of my skirt, wishing it were longer. The guy shrugged his pal's arm off and elbowed him, hard. "I can take a hint. Come play when you pull your tampon out, dude." He patted him on the back, gave him a small shove forward, and left.

Sheepishly, he rubbed the back of his neck and took a step back. "Uh, sorry about Todd. He's very-"

"I get it. Trust me I have a few friends like that, he's fine." My sentence was followed by a coy giggle. He continued to stare at me until I looked up. I sucked in a breath of air, holding it in. Now that he was closer to me, I could properly see his eyes. My God, his eyes. They made me stop dead in my tracks and stare like a deer caught in headlights. They were so blue, like a sapphire. They even sparkled like a diamond.

He let out a small cough, bringing me back down to Earth. "I'm Cole."

"Brooke," I told him with a smile. Suddenly, behind him I could see Nichole hopping onto a table with none other than the raven-haired Olivia, one of Lindsey's minions. "Shit, I have to go Cole. My friend's dancing on your table," I explained, hoping he's understand.

Cole's face fell slightly, but he quickly covered it up. "Yeah, I've gotta change my shirt anyways. But maybe I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, maybe," I giggled out (go figure). Practically forcing myself to leave, I hurried over to Nichole and lead her off the wooden dining table. She tripped over herself and tumbled to the floor. "Are you okay," I questioned worriedly.

Instead of replying, she got to her feet and started crying. I shushed her and smoothed her now unruly blonde hair as she blubbered out, "I'm drunk. I never drink, ever."

"It's okay Nichole, just calm down." I was strapped onto her arm so she wouldn't fall over again, but she froze in place.

"I-I think I'm gonna be sick," she divulged, holding a hand over her mouth. I sprinted her down the hall to the bathroom and pounded on the door, twisting the handle and finding it to be locked. She is not going to throw up on me! 

So, instead of the bathroom, I took her to the kitchen sink and pushed people out of the way. Relieved, I flipped my curled bangs to the side and waited. "Don't watch!" My head snapped in the other direction where some jock was smirking at me. Don't come over here, don't come over here.

Dammit, he came over here. "Hey hot-stuff, I'm Trevor."

I scoffed loud enough for him to hear. "And I'm not interested." It was obvious he had too much to drink, I could smell it on his breath. Suddenly, a light bulb popped into my brain. He's a jock, which means I'd get fifteen points if I slept with him! I was stone-cold sober, but I knew I needed those points! As if preparing to go underwater, I took a deep breath and smack my lips against his.

You know how I said I could smell the alcohol on his breath, well now I was tasting it. I pulled away, the look on his face told me that I definitely took him by surprise. "Let's go somewhere," I whispered seductively in his ear. He happily complied as I left Nichole to her own devices. She'll find Chelsea or Ashley, I told myself.

After getting up the stairs, he opened a random door and slammed it shut behind me. In a mere second, he was on top of me - in a stranger's bed. As he kissed my neck, I glanced around. The walls were a navy color with brilliantly painted canvases hung up. The easel in the corner of the room let me know that someone must've painted these. Immediately, I pushed Trevor off of me.

This was Cole's room.

Instead of staying on the floor, Trevor got back up and tried to keep kissing me. "Get off, Trevor!" I was squealing and squirming, but he was heavier than me. Not to mention he put all of his weight on me. "Trevor, stop it!" I screamed out at him, hoping he'd see this was wrong and stop. As soon as his hand inched up my thigh, I felt tears sting in my eyes. I was screaming out and crying when he clamped his hand over my mouth and unbuttoned his pants. I am not losing my virginity like this!

Breathing raggedly through my nose, I took my fingers and tried prying his palm off when the door opened. There stood Cole, still wearing the stained shirt. I screeched as loud as I could through a person's hand, gaining his attention. Trevor didn't even seem to notice Cole until he knocked him flat on his ass. With a grunt, he got back to his feet. And there stood Cole, fearlessly guarding me.

I'd never seen anyone so closely resemble a knight in shining armor.

               The pic to the side is Todd! >>