Chapter 5

‘’Where’s your dad?’’ Evan questions Drew as he takes his seat next to his best friend, he felt a pang of disappointment in his gut but push it back.

‘’He went home, something is up with him.’’ Drew drawls with concern.

Evan knew something was bothering Andrew, but his job as a friend was to tell Drew that everything was going to be fine. And that Andrew was fine, things will get better.

Drew knew this as well but Evan guessed he could humor his best friend.

‘’He’ll be fine Drew, watch by this time next week your dad will have his own place and meet a woman and have lots of sex with her.’’ Evan didn’t want to acknowledge the pain in his chest as he said that so he smiles even if it was painful.

The good thing was that after he said that, Drew started choking on the drink he was currently chugging down his throat while Evan was talking. ‘’My god Evan, don’t fucking do that again, I almost choke to death!’’ Drew exclaimed after a few coughs.

‘’Not my fault you can’t swallowed, oh look at that I made a funny!’’ Evan chirps excitedly and Drew rolls his eyes at him. ‘’Grow up Evan.’’ Drew scoffs with a small smile playing on his lips, Evan smiles back at him, he knew Drew was just teasing him like he always did.

 The same man came to their table, Drew study the man from head to toe.

He was an older man, and very well dressed, but his dad was a lot better looking than this dude.

He turns his gaze on Evan who was biting his bottom lip and looking everywhere but at the man standing in front of their table. Drew opens his mouth to ask what he wanted, but the stranger talked first.

‘’So cutie, what’s it going to be?’’ The man asks Evan and Drew furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

‘’Drew, are you ok going home alone? I’m kind of going to his place for the rest of the night.’’ Evan spoke quietly leaning close to Drew’s ear.

Drew didn’t like this at all. Why couldn’t Evan just come home with him? Why couldn’t he be with- Shit do I really want my best friend and my father together? He asked himself and as he looks at Evan than at the older man, he had his answer; yes it is better if they were together, and my dad is responsible and nice to others and believes in love.

Evan is trustworthy and loving and he hates cheaters so he never will cheat, but how do I get them together?

‘’Are you sure Evan? I mean isn’t it too soon?’’ He hoped his friend didn’t see what he really was thinking; he needed a plan to get his old man and Evan together so he didn’t want to tell Evan just yet.

Evan was hoping Drew would tell him to leave with him, yes he was horny, but he really didn’t want to go home with a stranger, he wanted someone else, he got sad knowing that the person he wanted would never look his way and he didn’t want to tell his friend who he truly wanted. How would Drew react if he told him he had the hots for his father? As he stares at his friend he knew what he had to do.

‘’I guess you’re right, it’s too soon but then again how can I move on if I don’t try.’’ He shrugs and stands up to accept the stranger’s offer.