Deadly Flirtation

I tried to let go of the fact that Billy was dating Sidney. I mean, he probably had an ulterior motive right?

School wrapped up for the day and I stayed back at the library to do some studying. When I wasn't watching horror movies or hanging out with Randy, I actually did study. I liked school sometimes, I actually wanted to make it somewhere in life and I needed good grades to get there. Barely anyone at Woodsboro High wanted to go to College or do anything to further their education. This meant that I was always alone studying at the library, maybe the odd person or two was here and sometimes Randy joined me. It usually turned into a heated conversation about a movie or something, so it was better when he wasn't here. Tonight I was alone in the library. Studying took my mind off things, even though I'd much rather be at home searching the internet for new horror releases...but I needed to work hard and get good grades. My stomach started to rumble; lucky I was alone with the librarian so no one would've heard. I knew I'd left a Hershey bar in my bag from the night Randy and I were at the video store, so I decided to go get it.

I made my way to my locker and it reminded me that I saw Billy and Sidney in that hallway merely hours ago. It then further reminded me of my interactions with Billy at the video store and even more, the night I saw Billy and Stu walking out of Sidney's house. So much had happened in such a short span of time. The last week of my life had been more interesting than the first 18 years of it together.

I suddenly felt someone grab me fast; their hands were around my mouth, grasping me tightly. I dropped my books and felt my heart begin to beat fast. I tried to release but I couldn't get out, I couldn't scream or shout or move. My arms were being held so tightly; I could swear my circulation was going to be cut off. I turned to see who my attacker was. It was difficult, but when I wanted to be, I was quite strong. I twisted my head and breathed heavily and I saw Billy.

"Shh, shh, relax, it's just me," he said quietly. He then let me free.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked. I felt like my arms were going to be bruised by tomorrow so I just rubbed where he'd been holding me.

"You're a feisty one," he smirked.

"I have to go, Billy," I tried to make my way back to the library, turning away from him.

He grabbed my arm and I paused. "You're not going anywhere, Ashley."

I stopped and stared at him. I really liked it when Billy Loomis said my name.

"Why are you still at school?" I asked.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I was studying, in the library."

"Feisty and studious. You are not what I expected at all. You were studying movies, right?"

"If you include math problems as the latest groundbreaking Wes Craven flick, then yes," I said smartly.

For a moment our eyes were locked again. His eyes were always so dark and mysterious. I was staring so deeply that I could almost see his pupils moving. I was secretly hoping he decided to break the silence, because I really had nothing to say. I could only stare at him. It didn't look like he was going to say something, so I began to talk, "you've seen Heathers?".

"1988 directed by Michael Lehmann. Of course I have."

I was stunned; "you're not going to go all Jason Dean on me, right?" I was referring to the fact that J.D managed to rope Veronica into helping him kill off students.

He looked up and breathed heavily. "Ah, Jason Dean, more famously known as J.D. Personally I like that guy. Killing kids one by one making it look like a bunch of suicides? Not to mention he got the girl to help him. He's smart if you ask me."

"Eh, the movie was good to watch once. You do know it failed at the box office...?'

"Yet it's considered a cult classic." Billy looked at me for a few good seconds before continuing. "If you're still waiting for my answer, it is no, Ashley. I won't go all J.D on you," he paused. "Even if I did, you wouldn't turn on me."

"How do you know?"

"I know you better than you think."

"You've barely known me for a week, Billy."

He laughed. "I've noticed you before and I'm sure you've noticed me."

"I have and I think you're kind of chaotic Billy Loomis."

"Chaos was what killed the dinosaurs, darling," he said in a much softer tone.

I wondered if he was just quoting Heathers to prove to me that he'd seen it or if it actually meant something. I felt the sides of my mouth move slightly into a smile.

This time, he broke the silence. "What are you doing tonight?" he asked.

"Nothing," I replied.

He let go of my arm and moved closer to my face, "meet me back at the school, at 11pm, don't be late."

My responses were quick and short. I was literally speechless. I didn't know what else to say to him, except for "okay."

"And just for the record Ashley, I do like horror movies," he turned his head and smiled. This smile was big. It wasn't his usual smile, it was showing teeth. For once, I think I know exactly what's on his mind.

It was 10pm and I sat at home shaking. How was I going to leave the house without my parents seeing? And why did Billy want to see me? What crazy plans did he have? And more importantly why was I actually going? What did I think was going to happen? Never in a million years did I ever think Billy would talk to me, heck I didn't even know he was like me. The whole time I'd spent talking to Billy this afternoon, I didn't think of Sidney once. And quite honestly, I didn't care.

"Ashley lights out!" I heard my dad shout from down stairs.

Fuck. How am I meant to get out of this? 10pm and lights out? It's like he knows I need to leave the house. I'm usually up all night watching reruns of something like Nightmare On Elm Street, so we never go to bed this early.

I decided to make a run for it once my parents were asleep. It took them a good half an hour to get into a good deep sleep, so I was probably going to be late to meet Billy. He strictly told me not to be late. I hope he wasn't angry. I checked my watch and it was 10:54 and I was almost there. I hurried towards the school, alone, at night. Anything could happen to me, I was scared to death. What if Billy was joking? What if he had some great plans to trap something or me? Anything and everything crossed my mind. I made it to the front of the school and it was 10:59. No sight of Billy and no sight of anyone so I just waited quietly. I stood in the cold, staring at my watch. Why was I even doing this? If Billy didn't kill me, my parents probably would. As soon as my clock struck 11:00 I was tapped on the back. It was Billy.

"Come on. Hurry!" he breathed fast.

He took my hand and I followed him to a car. Billy entered first and I heard a loud someone shout something from the back seat.

"Billy what the fuck man? What are you fucking doing?"

I recognized the voice right away, particularly from the overuse of swear words and long stretching of words. I entered the car and saw Stu Macher sitting in the back seat. He saw me and looked dumbfounded.

"Oh her," he said. "Billy what the fuck is she doing here?" he started again.

"I sarcastically replied, "nice to see you too, Macher."

He scrunched up his nose.

Billy ignored Stu and looked directly at me. "We're going to kill someone tonight, Ashley."