Horror Movies Are Boring

I thought about Billy all night. In fact, I thought about him all morning too. There was no doubt in my mind that I was interested in him, but I never thought I would be. He and I were from two completely different worlds, but lately it felt like we were always on the same wavelength. After that night, he'd actually said more than a sentence to me. No one at school, other than Randy, ever spoke to me. Now, I could say that none other than Billy Loomis had. Behind that devilish grin and dark greasy hair, there was a person. He wasn't just your typical good-looking popular guy at school; there was a side to him that nobody knew. I felt like I was the only person who was slowly getting a peak at it and it was an amazing feeling.

Arriving at school for another long day, I walked down the hallways of Woodsboro high, looking for Randy. I couldn't find him anywhere, which was very unusual. He usually came running to my locker every morning with an insane story about his late shift at the video store the night before or some interesting fact about a movie we had just watched. Today, there was nothing. There was no Randy running up to me shouting my name. I kind of felt lost without it, maybe he was just held up or late to school, which had happened before.

The sight of a familiar face then startled me. It was Billy. He was leaning against a locker. Only, he wasn't leaning alone. Tatum Riley, Stu of course and also Sidney Prescott surrounded him. I looked at his face and was about to smile, but I noticed that his hands weren't free. They were interlocked with Sidney's. He was leaning against the locker, smiling at her. He rarely ever smiled; it was always just a glare. But he was smiling and Sidney was swaying side to side. Her hair was flowing perfectly as usual and her bright red shirt stood out in the hallway. They were acting like a couple, laughing, holding hands, and leaning on each other. Billy Loomis was dating Sidney Prescott.

I suddenly felt sick in the stomach. I looked away and pretended not to notice. This didn't make any sense. Billy just killed Sidney's mother right? Only days later he was in the hallway holding hands with her daughter? I didn't know what to do or what was going on. I just acted as if I'd seen nothing or what I'd seen wasn't bothering me. But for some bizarre reason, it was. I'd only ever spoken to Billy properly like once, maybe twice in the last few days and I felt like my whole world had been ripped apart. Of all the people in school, Sidney Prescott? It makes sense; they were both from the same high school rank. They were both popular, so it was only inevitable they would start dating. I think the most confusing thing was that Billy had murdered her mother. He never said he had, but it was pretty obvious that it was he and Stu that murdered her. With all these things rushing through my head I decided to give Billy and his group one more glance. This time when I looked at him, he wasn't looking or smiling at Sidney, he was staring at me.

That moment was again broken by Randy, who did eventually come rushing towards me.

"Ash!"

With a stutter, I stopped looking at Billy and replied, "Uh, Hi randy."

"Are you okay?"

"Me? Yes, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I lied. I was a good liar when I needed to be.

"Just a look on your face. You look startled by something and not to mention you're as red as a beetroot," he laughed.

"Randy, that's not funny, it must just be hot in here or something."

I was constantly lying to Randy these last few days. I never in the entire duration of our friendship had lied to him. We were honest with each other all the time. We always told each other our secrets, our stories, our love for weird things and even our crushes. Well, that was until he started crushing on me and I'd figured it out, even though neither of us had brought it up. But this felt wrong, I couldn't tell him anything, no matter how badly I wanted to tell him about what I saw that night and what's going on with Billy and Stu. I just couldn't tell him and it broke my heart lying to him like this.