Chapter 7

Ida ran home in tears. Not tears of sadness though, but tears of anger. Upon arrival to her house, her mother had just got home and shut the garage door. Ida charged through the door and her mother jumped and dropped her grocerie bags. "Ida! What in the world has gotten into you?"

"What have you done? How could you? How..." Ida broke down. She was on the floor crying harder than she ever had before. There were no more words that could escape her lips. She was heartbroken; torn even. She thought that that year couldn't have possibly been worse, but she was wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cecelia woke up the next morning feeling more rested than she had in days. It was nice to be back in her bed and nestled into her sheets. A phone call had awakened her, but she took her time to sit up, arch her back and draw her hands over her head clasped together. When she looked at the caller ID it read, Palm Beach Urgent Care. She took the call and held the phone up to her ear.

"Hello," she said in almost a whisper.

"Hello, is this Ms. Taylor? Mr. Taylor's daughter?" It was Dr. Chopra.

Cecelia cleared her throat. "Yes. How is my father doing?"

"I would like you to come in so we can discuss that in person, please."

"O-okay. Is there anything the matter," she said hesitantly.

"Just come in."

And he ended the call.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After breaking down, Ida didn't know what to do with herself. Her mother left her lying there alone and didn't seem to respond whatsoever. Her expression was indifferent but Ida thought that she saw a glimpse of sorrow.

She picked herself up though and walked to the general area of the stairs. The lighting was too dim to see through the cloud of tears fogging her eyes and she groped for the handrail. She slowly walked up the stairs and mumbled soft weeps. By the time she had reached her room, most of her tears had dried and her eyes had cleared. Her mother had given her no answer to her accusation but Ida was pretty sure that she knew what she was talking about. There wasnt much more that Ida could have been talking about, could there?

Ida woke up the next morning realizing that she had been crying in her sleep. She had dreamed awful dreams but they were so vague in her mind that she couldn't remember exactly what they were about.

She rose up and turned to look at her clock.

Goodness, it's already past noon.

She stepped out of her pajamas and threw on a t-shirt and sweatpants. She wanted to confront her mother but she didn't think that she would be able to keep it together. So she climbed out of her window and down the lattace.

Ida didn't really know what she was going to do or where she was going seeing as it was Sunday and she didn't have school.  She really did want to check up on Lark but knowing that everyone in the hospital would be watching her and whispering about her incident, would make things very uncomfortable. Not to mention that Cece would probably be yelling at her for running out without responding to her. 

She just started walking down her street and she decided that she would just figure out where she was going after she left.