Chapter 6

Cecelia stayed with her father in the hospital the rest of that night. He was unconscious for the most part but when he did wake up he would lash out and and start yelling nonsense and fall right back under. Sometimes Cecelia thought she heard him say her mother's name like he had earlier that day. It really did suck. All Cecelia could do was sit there and talk to him.

Could he hear me? Hmmm... nah. Cecelia kept thinking of how this could effect him, his personality, their relationship.

The doctor came in early that next morning to explain futher on what they did to her father. He said that a neurosurgeon had come in and performed something called "coiling" on her father. He went on explaining everything that happened and what they did.

Some time later the doctor said that he was going to have to sedate her father because of his irrational outbursts. Cecelia started to protest against it but as soon as Ida saw her she just shook her head so Cecelia cut herself off.

"We will have his nurse come in and put the medicine into him. She will be here soon so if he has another outburst before then, just ring," the doctor said. Several minutes later a nurse walked in. She was lanky and had brown eyes and brown hair, unlike the other nurse who had been short with blonde hair and green eyes.

"Um... who are you?"

"I'm Mr. Taylor's nurse ma'am. May I help you? I was just sent down here to give him a seditive," the nurse said in a hushed tone as if not to wake her father.

"But you aren't his nurse. Where is his nurse?"

"Well," she said hesitantly, "she asked for someone to take on Mr. Taylor as their patient instead of her."

Hmmm... strange. "Well do you know why?"

"I'm sorry Ms. Taylor but I don't have that kind of information," she said in a harsh tone. Her mood suddenly changed from perky, willing nurse to harsh, "stick up her ass" nurse and her voice was now hoarse. I wonder what she could be hiding. I'll ask Ida what she thinks when she comes back from the restroom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew. Ida had felt clostraphobic being in  small hospital room. Not to mention that Lark had kept having those intense outbursts. Ida jumped every time he regained consciousness. She was headed to the bathroom when she felt like someone was watching her. She turned around and the feeling was gone. Must have been the whole hospital thing. Ida had never been to keen with hospitals. They gave her the creeps.

There it was, that feeling again. This time she whipped around so fast that she caught a head duck behind the corner of the hallway. "Hey! Hey you! Come out here!"

She then heard fast-paced footsteps tracking down the other side of the wall. Ida chased after the mysterious stalker until she recognized who it was. Is that Lark's nurse?

"Hey nurse! Quit running and tell me what you're hiding!" The nurse stopped abruptly and slowly turned around looking down as if ashamed for getting caught. "Come over here." So she trudged back down the hallway towards Ida giving her a malign look.

"What do you want?"

"Well it depends. What do you know? Is it about Lark?"

"Wh-who's that?" The nurse studdered while beads of sweat started forming around her hairline.

"Oh don't play dumb with me nurse! You're either up to something or you know something, so spill. Start with why you were watching me."

She sighed. "Well I've heard gossip going around the hospital. About Mr. Taylor..... and your mother."

Of course. That was it, that was why she was being so uptight. She knows. "Yes, yes, I know the rumors. And this isn't any of your business," now Ida was starting to get worked up, " and how would the hospital know anything abou-" Ida cut herself off. Oh no. NO!

Ida stormed down the hall and passed the room that Lark was in. Cecelia must have heard because she came running out of the room trying to question Ida but Ida couldn't hear anything past the beating of heart heart and the blood pulsing through her veins. Ida's eyes dared anyone to stop her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is she going? Why is she acting like she's throwing a temper tantrum? Ugh. I'll just text her. What could have gotten into her? She didn't even answer when I was shouting at her. I wonder... hm.... I have no clue.

Cecelia kept thinking to herself as she walked back to her dad's room. Oh, big surprise, he's asleep. Cecelia was extremely bored. She thought that she would go crazy if she didn't get out of that hospital. It was 12:56 and she hadn't had lunch yet. He'd be fine on his own for an hour or so. She decided to go to this place called 'Taste of India'. It was easily within walking distance. So she left.

While walking she pulled out her phone from her back pocket and punched Ida's number into her keypad. * Ring... ring... ring... ring.* No answer. * Ring... ri-* Straight to voicemail. Ugh, Ida can be so stubborn sometimes. That really pissed her off. After everything, is Ida just now deciding that she's still holding a grudge? Whatever.

She walked up to the restaraunt and shoved the door open. Great, it's packed. She decided to just leave and head down the street to a place called 'Godfather's Pizza'. When she got there, there was hardly anyone there and no line. My kinda place. She ordered and sat down while drinking a water that they had given her for free. It was always hot in Florida so most places gave out water for free if you order a meal with it.

Once she finished eating she headed back to the hospital. There, she went back up to her dad's room and plopped down in the chair at his bedside. It wasn't the walk that had exhausted her but it was the heat. A few minutes later she started to doze off when the doctor barged in and scared the bejesus out of her. You would have thought that she had been shot at the way she jumped up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you but you must go home and rest. Doctor's orders." She peered over at her father who didn't move a muscle other than the slow rise and fall of his chest. "Don't worry about him. He'll be fine without you sleeping here for at least a few nights. He hasn't been awake much anyway and you need some sleep. In a bed."

He did have a good point. Cecelia hadn't slept in a bed since the night before his accident. And it would be really nice to get some real sleep and not just nodding off in a padded, wooden chair. She couldn't decline the offer so she just nodded and gave a half-ass smile. She walked out of the room and walked to her house. She walked up to her room and flopped down onto her bed. Ahhhhhh. Sweet rest. And she was out.

==========================================================

What do you guys think about that nurse? And what do you think she's talking about with their parents? Do you guys like the length or should I split it up more? Vote comment and suggest ideas. Thanks!