Chapter 1

It was pretty much just like any other day; Ida woke up and groggly made the few strides over to her bathroom.

She took out her retainers and put them in her case. She was still half asleep and dropped her mouthwash. It burst all over the floor. Of course, this is just my luck.

Everything seemed more dramatic now after trying to take everything in.

Her depression and anger were growing deeper with every breath she exhaled. Life in itself was dark and dreary now.

Although she knew her mother wasn't the best but this? How could she even live with herself? She probably knew that Ida would never forgive her.

Ida cleaned up the mess and hopped in the shower and let the hot water envelope her. She couldn't really do anything to help her situation as of now so missing school would only make it worse. Plus her mom had work off today and she was the last person Ida wanted to see.

The steam had filled the room and fogged up the mirror. She cleared the middle of the mirror with her hand and brushed off her tears.

After drying off she trudged into her closet and picked out a small, white tank with a bright orange crop top. Then she went to her drawers and got black jeggings and dressed herself. It was supposed to be in the 70s this week so that should keep her warm enough.

There was no need for make-up seeing as she didn't really care what people thought about her appearance today. Not to mention that her natural beauty is eminent. No make-up could replicate her radiant complection.

All she did to her long, brown hair was brushed it. She had naturally wavy or curly hair (depending on its mood) so she wouldn't have to dry it today.

She walked out of her room sneaking past her mom's room trying not to wake her.

Message from Cece, her phone relayed. She ignored and deleted it.

She was just arriving to her bus stop as it was pulling up.

Well, here we go, she thought as she started making her way up the stairs.