Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Jacob is dating Renesmee Cullen.”

As soon as I heard this I felt as if I’ve been punched in the stomach by a giant wrecking ball. I immediately felt my cold heart drop and break into a million pieces. Then a sudden wave of sadness came over me.

“They’ve been going out for a while now.” said Amy. “Their practically inseperable.”

“You didn’t notice anything about them?” asked Hina

“Their the humble kind of couple that does innocent things. Not the full on make out 24/7 kind of couple. I guess that explains why you didn’t notice.” said Amy with a look of sympathy in her eyes.

“Oh..” I said quietly as Amy and Hina immediately went and hugged me.

“It’s alright Violet. There are many other guys out there. I’ll take you out to the mall and we can go boy hunting there okay?” said Amy.

I tried hard and held back tears. “I’m fine don’t worry.” I smiled weakly at them. “It’s not like I was in love with him or anything.”

“I hope not.” said Amy worriedly her blue eyes full of concern.

The rest of the day I was quiet. I didn’t say a single word. Lunchtime came and I decided to be alone so I left Amy and Hina. Hopefully the Cullens will leave me alone for a while. Not to be rude, but I needed some time alone.

Thoughts swam in my head. How embarrassing, how stupid of me. To think that I thought he actually liked me. I can’t believe I was going to confess to him. My mind started to look for reasons and evidence to see if he didn’t really like Renesmee as much as he used to. I remembered when he saved me from that bear… maybe he was just being nice.

I shook my head. It was no use. I remembered Carlisle telling me about how werewolves imprint on people and once they imprint on somebody they’ll never love another. Eventually the imprintee couldn’t resist them and they end up being together.

I got angry at myself and kicked a giant rock nearby. It shattered into a million little pieces leaving powdery dust on my shoe. I gave out a sigh. No wonder he asked me what I thought about Renesmee. I should’ve known from the moment I saw the way he looked at Renesmee. Stupid me.

I walked to farther down the path and turned around the corner of a building. As if by some terrible coincidence I saw Jacob holding Renesmee. Jacob had a look of content and happiness on his face. They were so happy together it was cute. I clenched a fist and bit my lip.

How I wished to be in that position. How I wished to be the only one he would love, but that‘s never going to happen. “Screw it.” I said quietly and ran as cold tears ran down my face. I didn’t give a damn anymore. Forget school. That wasn’t my real school anyway. It was only a cover for me to occupy myself while trying to adapt to life as a vampire.

Why did I have to be a vampire anyway? Why me!

I kept running. A car swerved to avoid hitting me I ran even faster. I didn’t stop not even when I tripped, I always get back up and when I thought I ran far enough I sat behind a tree and cried. I didn’t care that I was alone in a forest. I didn’t care that I ruined my outfit. I didn’t care that I might be lost. The Cullens are vampires with superhuman powers. They could find me sooner or later.

I got up and started to punch at a tree. I took out my anger on it as my tears slid down my cheeks. I kicked, punched, and clawed at it. Eventually the tree started to tip over, before it could fall on me I did a spinning kick on it causing the tree to land a few yards away. I dropped to my knees and screamed. I buried my face in my hands and let myself cry.

Eventually I heard the sound of leaves crunching on the ground and looked up and choked.

---------------------------

Now that you know how Violet feels about this, what will she do? And who is this mysterious stranger? 0_o There's going to be a bit of sadness here and there and some interesting action in the next chapter. Until then FAN, VOTE, and COMMENT my lovelies. ;D