Chapter # 1: Welcome..... Rukia?!

"GOOD MORNINGGG~! ICHIGOOO~!" 

Startled, I shoot up from bed. Followed by that loud shout was a crash from next door.

I slap a hand to my forehead. I’d forgotten that Isshin surprise attacks Ichigo while he is still asleep. "Crazy goat-chin," I murmur, rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes.

"You nuts?! What kind of sick twisted freak attacks his own son while he's just lying there sleeping!?" 

"You are getting good! It looks like there's nothing left for me to teach you, my son," 

I push off my covers and slowly get up from bed. I stretch the kinks out of my body with a pleased smile then peek a look at the clock, my eyes bulge.

"ARGH! I can't believe I'm late to school! It’s almost lunch time!" I screech, scrambling to my closet to grab my uniform for the day. 

I struggle to tug on a blue shirt but eventually did it, along with my gray skirt. After that, I hopped down the steps, tugging on my black knee length socks. I stumble a bit, but miraculously make it down there without falling.

I speed to the kitchen and chug down a gulp or two of orange juice from the carton then run all the way back up the stairs to my room and slip on my gray jacket and kept it unzipped. I then skip to the bathroom and speed brush my teeth and hair. My hair isn’t all that brilliant today, so I scour the drawers of my sink that holds all my girly necessities and found a blue ribbon.

As I put my hair up in a ponytail with the ribbon, I left my bangs and the hair that framed my face where they were, and dash back into my room and grabbed my Gokon Tekko glove and stuff it into my school bag. I then run all the way down the stairs, put on my shoes, head out the door and lock it.

I jog myself over to Ichigo's but stop when I see a large hole in the front of their house. I can't believe I had almost forgotten about last night!

"Whoa…" I trail off, walking towards the family who were gaping at the hole. 

"It's a miracle! A truck plows right into our house and none of us get so much as a single scratch!" Isshin grins and turns to me, hands set on his hips. 

My eyes grow to saucers. Truck?! What the hell happened to their memories?! And Isshin shouldn't be grinning like that, he's the one who has to pay for property damage and fix the large hole in the wall where the dining table used to be!

Karin gives her father a dubious look and crosses her arms. "What's even more miraculous is none of us woke up when it happened." 

"What about you, Ama? Did you hear it?" Yuzu turns her big brown eyes to me.

I let out a nervous laugh and scratch the back of my neck. "I didn’t actually," I lie. "Though, I should have, huh?"

I turn to Ichigo, who seems to be lost in thought. By the look on his face, he seems to have remembered the whole ordeal. I frown though, where was that Soul Reaper, Rukia? Did she go back to the Soul Society?

No, she wouldn’t have been able to. She said that Ichigo took all of her powers. So, did she die here last night after I left? That thought left a nasty uncomfortable quiver in my stomach. I hope she hadn't.

Turning my thoughts back to the present, Ichigo was still standing there. "Come on, Ichigo, quit gawking at the hole! Hurry up and get ready! We're already late as it is."

He blinks and turns to me, then he blinks again. "Uh, right. Give me a minute…"

I let out a sigh as Ichigo strides back into the house, but then smile. "That boy…"