Chapter Nineteen: The Way We Talk

I don’t think I’ve ever had a night more incredible then the last. Cameron, ah, it just makes my heart melt every time I say his name, his probably the best, most-heartfelt guy that I’ve ever dated. And, yes, I know what you’re thinking ‘he’s probably the only guy you have ever dated, Hayley’ but that doesn’t mean it will all fall apart by the end of the summer, right?

          Well, I’ve got better things to worry about right now. Tonight is The Scene party in honor of their offices launching here in Hollywood. It’s supposed to be a big event-paparazzi and all, and I have to admit, I’m kind of excited for it. I’ve already picked out my dress for the occasion-a long, shimmery navy dress with pretty cut-outs along the back and sides. I’m wearing my favorite heels with it and a pretty sterling silver pendant with a little piano dangling from the ends. For earrings, I’m wearing matching teardrop earrings.

          Most importantly, I can’t stop thinking about Cameron. Oh, and just to get one thing straight in case you’re wondering where things went from there-we did not and I repeat, DID NOT have sex. No, not in a million years. Sorry, just felt the need that I should clear that up so you don’t get confused as you make your way through my crazy Hollywood life. Alright, now what was I going to say? Oh, yeah, Cameron. He’s great. I wonder what he’s going to wear tonight? Maybe he’ll wear that cologne that I like.

          “Okay, Hayley! You need to stop thinking about Cameron!” I tell myself. Goodness, gracious! I’ve never had myself falling for a guy head over heels.

          I go to the bathroom to do my makeup and get ready. I’m out the door and in Cameron’s car within an hour.

          I prop open the door and manage to squeeze in, dragging my long dress with me.

          Cameron smiles, “You look really nice, Hayley,” he says.

          I grin, “Thanks,” I glance up at his tux, “You look really great, too.”

          He starts the car and we pull out of his driveway. “So are you ready for tonight?”

          “Yes, as ready as I’ll ever be,” I declare. “I hope everyone likes our music.”

          “They will, I’m sure. It’ll give them something different too-Lady Gaga or Rihanna all the time can start to kill brain cells.”

          “Good thing we didn’t put any ‘A Day to Remember’ or ‘Black Veil Brides’ in there,” I joke.

          “Or Andrew W.K.,” Cameron adds.

          “Are you kidding? Andrew W.K. is hilarious! And inappropriate-he’s perfect for Hollywood.”

          “I think you mean Jeffree Star,” Cameron jokes.

We both start laughing. Ah, our little music jokes that no one will ever understand.

          We finally reach the venue and Cameron opens my car door for me. I try to step out, but it’s hard considering all the fabric that’s weighing down my dress. Cameron offers me a hand and helps pull me out.

          “Thanks,” I say, smoothing down the bottom of my dress.

          “No problem,” Cameron says.

          We walk past the paparazzo that have started to show up and act totally natural. I’m not really sure if Hollywood knows that me and Cameron are kind of a couple besides the whole story in the magazine.