Chapter Eleven: The Mess I Made

I stayed in for the next couple of days. I was afraid to go outside, thinking that I would be seized by the paparazzi again. I didn’t bother to answer Caroline’s calls-I had been getting really pissed at her lately. Not that I wasn’t always pissed at her anyways, but for some reason she’d been getting on my nerves more lately. As for Jess, I talked to her once, but then ignored the rest of her calls as she had refused me to get out of the house. And-

            Cameron. He hadn’t called or texted me yet (what a surprise), not to mention the fact that I still hadn’t replied to the email Tom had sent me. I wasn’t sure if I was keen on still working there. Oh, who am I kidding?? I had never been too keen about it. If I decided to accept the offer, then my whole life would change. My mom may never speak to me again. That would really suck.

            So, I’ve been calling Ben and Jerry my best friends for the day. Yum.

            I pick up the remote and flip through the channels, looking for something that does not pertain to Hollywood.

            What can I say?? For all these years I’ve loved Hollywood, and now I just want to get out of here. Am I going completely insane??

            My phone, which was sitting on the kitchen counter, starts blaring “Check Yes Juliet” even though I could’ve sworn I’d turned it off an hour ago.

            I groan, but manage to drag myself from the couch and grab it.

            I check the screen.

            Cameron.

            Hmmm, it’s about time.

            “Hello?”

            “Hey, Hayley. Um, are you okay? You sound terrible.”

            “Huh? Oh. Yeah, I’m fine.”

            “Where’ve you been?”

            Stalker.

            “Um, nowhere…”

            “Come on, I haven’t seen you step foot out of your house in two days!”

            Ah-ha! He has been spying on me…

            “Well, that’s because…” I trail off.

            “What?”

            “I got attacked by the paparazzi,” I blurt out.

            “Are you okay?”

            “Yeah, I mean, I’m not dead or anything. I’m talking to you.”        

            He chuckles. “Right. Anyways, my dad was wondering if you’re still interested in working for The Scene. Did you get his email?”

            Crap. I should’ve known.             

            “I did, I’m still considering it,”

            “Oh, alright, well, email him ASAP or else you might get your position taken by someone else.”           

            “’Kay, I will.” 

            “I’ll talk to you later, Hayley. I hope you’re okay,” he sounds caring.

            “Don’t worry, I’m fine.”