Chapter 4

Hello Everyone! To start, we'd like to thank you all for reading this so far. We're trying to show everyone that bullying is WRONG, and if you are bullied, you shouldn't feel so alone. If you ever need to talk, Jenni [The-realistic-ending], Casey [Casadilla17], or Julie [YouHadMeAtHello] would all be glad to talk and help you with whatever we can. Thank you for reading and for your support! Keep voting, commenting, and spreading the message : Everyone's beautiful. And like the old saying goes: Don't judge a book by its cover, the inside may truly be amazing.

Also, I'd like to let you guys all know that fire_burning_me_up has made us an AMAZING youtube video, so PLEASE check that out! I posted it on the side, and it's also the external link. Thank you, to her, for making it so amazing. Please, if you have a YouTube account, like it, or comment, or whatever you YouTubers do.<3

~♥~

Nikki

Recap: I covered my face again, embarrassed. Something shifted to my left, and I uncovered my face to find Trenton sitting next to me on the ground.

"I want you to tell me what's going on. You're not fine," He whispered gently, resting a hand on my knee, "Why are you so afraid of everyone here? You're not afraid of me, are you?"

"N-No. I'm not afraid of you."

"So, tell me. Why are you crying?"

"I, um," I started, not sure how to tell this guy that I really didn't trust him enough to spill everything out like this.

We sat in silence for a few seconds, but each second dragged on forever, and I was counting down to when I suspected the teacher would return, finding us on the floor outside her room.

"You're not going to tell me," He paused, running his hands through his dirty blond hair, "Are you?"

I shook my head, my hair spilling over my face. When I looked back up, awaiting his answer, all I got was his blue eyes staring into mine, like they were trying to read my mind. He sighed, and I watched as he stood, his body growing before me. I lowered my face, collecting my books and setting them in a neat pile. Trenton scooped them up with one hand, extending the other towards me.

I reached out, hesitant to touch him, but I set my hand in his, and he pulled me to my feet. I smiled, wiping my eyes. I took my books from him, holding them against my chest. He grabbed my wrist lightly, curling his fingertips around it. The cold stung my warm skin, and he led me down the empty hallway. "You don't need to go back in there. Let's go,"

"We're going to ditch? On the first day?"

"No, not ditch, just delay. We'll say you tripped, and I was bringing you to the nurse. It's the first day, we got lost." 

"Okay," I nodded, thinking this plan might actually work.

***

"So, a lot of the kids in there were really mean. Is that a usual thing? Or..."

"Yeah, it is."

 "I'm sorry." He whispered, obviously uncomfortable.

 I nodded, "It's okay."

 "Will you tell me why?"