Chapter 4

Christina

Lately I'd been having so much time on my hands, with the suspension and I was looking into a few places to establish a clothing boutique. I had a passion for fashion, makeup, the whole nine and I felt now was a good time to pursue it. Right now I was out at Cafe' Elite sitting outside having breakfast. I loved having their waffles, bacon, egg, grits, and sausage, as I looked through some catalogues for some interior.

"Excuse me" A males voice spoke, I looked up to see the same guy I went off on at the beach. He was a pretty cute red bone, skinny with tattoos, and he had a grill in his mouth. "Yes" I said, "Umm, do you remember me from the other day?" he asked, "Yea, I do, sorry about that" I said apologizing. "Wow" he said, "What?" I asked, "I didn't expect that,  at all" he said looking surprised.

"Well I was going through something, and you happened to be in my path" I said, he began laughing a little. "Well how about  you let me take you sometime, tonight, whenever you not busy?" he asked, "Give me your number, I can let you know, I need to check something out first" I said. We exchanged numbers, "Alright..Christina" he said, "Yung Aug?" I said aloud, "August baby, that's me" he said.

It’d been a few months since Kevin and I broke up, but even still I didn’t really get out much. So I think I was gonna take August up on this offer. I left the cafe a little after him, and I was heading straight to the mall. But first I texted him and asked what to wear? He just said dress for dinner and be ready by 8. One of my favorite stores at the moment was Love Culture, so I knew I wouldn’t have a problem finding an outfit.

I ended up with a cute peach double thigh split maxi dress, along with a pair of gold Giusseppi Zanotti heels. For to compliment my outfit I chose a double gold chain with matching earings, and a gold Jesus piece bracelet.

I’d texted him the address and it was 7:57, he should be here any minute. I was in the mirror checking my outfit one last time before I heard a knock on the door. I looked through the peep hole and saw him standing on the other side. For some reason I felt a little nervous, “Inhale...exhale, act like you had a man before” I began talking to myself, as he knocked again.

“Hey” I said greeting him as I opened the door, “Dammm, you look good ma” he said checking out my outfit. “Thank you, you clean up well yourself” I replied back, “You already know” he said, “You ready to get out here?” he asked as I stepped out locking my door. “Yea” I said looping my arm around his, he was dressed in a blue button down with true religion jeans, a pair of jordans, and a gold chain to match it.

“Where are we going?” I asked, “This new restaurant Cisqo’s” he said. The ride was kind of quiet, but it wasn’t awkward. When we pulled up to the restaurant it had a good bit of people here. “The food must be good here” I said as he opened the door, immediately we were greeted by our waitress. “Welcome to Cisqo’s, Alsina reserved for 8:30“ she asked, he nodded, “Right this way” she said leading us to our table.

We were seated in the back near the window, “Why you so quiet now?” he asked. “You not talking about nothing” I said, “Well my bad, I wondering though, not to get all in your business, but what’s the deal with your attitude?” he asked. “ I don’t have a attitude” I said, “Well who pissed you off the other day?” he finally asked.

“Well honestly, I just got out a relationship, and it ended badly, so I guess that had something to do with it” I said, “Awe..well what happened if you don’t mind me asking” he continued. “He cheated, got someone pregnant, I took him back and he left me for her” I said making a long story short.

“But what about you, why are you single?” I asked, “Actually..a similar situation to yours, only thing she cheated with my bestfriend..pregnant by him now to, so” he strugged it off as he took a sip of his drink. “I guess it happens to the best of us, but fuck it, imma playa now” he said, “Really?..so what you got a date after me?” I asked.

“Nah shawty, I said playa, that’s not dating if you know what I mean” he said, “Well what made you want take me out, playa?” I asked. “For some reason I like something about you, you not like alot of these other girls” he said. “In what ways?” I asked, “    You didn’t throw yourself at me” he said, “I don’t know why” I said looking away.

“Ohh, so its like that now?” he said feeling played, “I’m just playing with you”  I said laughing. “Where are you from?” I asked, because he sounded so familiar to me, “Im from New Orleans” he said. “That’s why, because I’m listening to you like, niggas at home talk like this” I said, “I peeped it out from you to” he said.

We continued to talk and and laugh over dinner, he is definitely a character. “You ready to get out here?” he asked once we were done, “Yeah” I said reaching in my wallet. “What you doing?” he asked, “Bouta leave a--” he cut me off, “Mayne, put that up, you with a real nigga tonight” he said placing the money on the table.

Once we were in the car “You going straight home?” he asked glancing at me, “Yeah, why..I’m not coming home with you..not gone happen” I said. “Chill” he said cracking up, “ I didn’t even say all that” he said.

The rest of the ride was pretty chill, and I liked that he had good conversation. “I hope you had a good time tonight” he said as he parked in front of my apartment building. “I did, I’m glad I came out with you” I said honestly, “Well good, don’t hesitate to hit a real nigga up” he said as I made my exit. “You got that, goodnight” I said as I closed the door, he waited until I was inside before pulling off.

I flicked the light switch on and place my keys on the counter. And I know I wasn’t going crazy, but I heard someone sniffling, or something.  I queitly made my way to my room, to see Kevin sitting on my bed. “Kevin...what are you doing in my house?” I asked walking further into my room.

He looked up at me, and this nigga was really crying, “Christina I know I messed up, but you wouldn’t do no shit like this to me” he began. “What are you talking about, “Becka man...she fucked up, and KJ not even mines” he said, apart of me wanted to enjoy this moment, but I felt kind of bad for him.

“Why did you come to me though?” I asked, “I really did you wrong, and I wanted to say..I’m sorry, if this how I made you feel” he said getting up. “It’s pretty late Kevin, you can hit the couch” I said, “Christina I’m really sorry” he said leaning in to kiss my face, but I stopped him.  His face looked kind of surpised, but now he knew how I felt.

SORRY FOR THE WAIT, FORGIVE ME PLEASE! AND COMMENT/VOTE, THANKS:) TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF AUGUST