Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

Ivy parted her hair on the side, forcing her chocolate bangs to sweep over her eye. Her other eye had quite a bit of eyeliner which made her green eyes pop. Her lips were a deep red, giving her a classy gothic look when paired with the dress and makeup. She even had black silk gloves that ended above her elbow.

Danny stood in the mirror, shifting nervously.

“What if he doesn’t accept me?” He bit his lip.

“Who wouldn’t accept you, Danny man? You’re amazing!” I smiled, continuing to curl my blond hair into little ringlets.

“I don’t know…I’ve never really gone out on a real date. It’s hard to find other guys when you’re gay,” he slipped on his red tuxedo jacket.

It was the tuxedo with the coat tails and bow tie. He even had a top hat. He somewhat resembled Brendon Urie from Panic! At the Disco….he was wearing an outfit identical to his in the I Write Sins Not Tragedies video. Not to mention the fact that he looked kind of like him too….If he wasn’t gay, I’d probably find him pretty attractive. He swapped his light pink suit for the black one with the red jacket before we paid, and it was a great choice.

“I guess so,” I began. “But that doesn’t mean it won’t go well.”

“True,” Ivy added while slipping on her shoes.

“So, when’s Drake picking you up?” I asked her.

“In about 5 minutes,” she smiled. “When will Derrek be here?”

“In about 10,” I responded.

“When are you leaving, Danny?” I questioned.

“I’ll get picked up in around 5 minutes, too.”

“I’ll be all alone for 5 whole minutes!” I whined dramatically.

Ivy and Danny laughed, and I began piling the curled ringlets on top of my head. Ivy held her mask up to her face.

“You look gorgeous, Ivy,” I smiled.

Her mask was made of black feathers, and the curved up at the ends. Though it didn’t cover much more than her eyes, it still gave her a mysterious aura.

“You look dazzling yourself,” she replied.

“As do you, Danny man,” I added.

His mask was fairly simple, starting at his cheekbones and covering his entire forehead. It was black and outlined in red, which matched his suit perfectly.

“Why thank you,” he responded. “You look beautiful, Aurora.”

“You really do, Ro,” Ivy added, just as the doorbell rang.

Ivy glanced at her phone.

“That’s Drake. See you guys later tonight!” She grinned and left my room.

“And then there were two,” Danny sat on my bed, watching me finish my preparations.

I applied silver eyeliner to my blue eyes, and put my feet in my shoes just as the doorbell rang yet again. Danny peered out from behind my curtains.

“It looks like they’re both here,” he spoke.

I nodded and took a deep breath, before snatching my mask and stepping out of my room. I put it on and glanced in the mirror, liking the way the white looked with my blonde hair and blue eyes. Danny smiled at me encouragingly and I leaned in to hug him.

“You’ll do great, Danny,” I whispered in his ear.

“As will you,” he mumbled into my hair.

We proceeded down the stairs and Danny opened the door. A good looking guy stood on the other side, but his eyes looked past him and landed on mine.

“Is Aurora here?” He asked, which confused me.

He looked nothing like the guy I talked to at the party.

“Yeah,” Danny smiled brightly. “Take good care of her,” he opened the door wider and let Derrek in.

Another cute guy took his place on my porch. Maybe this isn’t so bad, after all.

“Hi,” Derrek approached me.

“I guess it wasn’t you I talked to at the party,” I spoke exactly what was on my mind.

“Um, I don’t really recognize you with the mask, but I can say that it probably wasn’t me. I haven’t been to any parties lately,” he replied honestly.

“Oh,” I replied. “Okay.”

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Danny wave to me and follow his date out of my door. I smiled at Derrek.

“Shall we?” He grinned brightly, linking his arm in mine.

“We shall,” I replied, laughing.

___________________________

Hi!

I'm going to be honest with you guys....I expected more votes. But...I guess I did get as many as I did on the Prologue, which is kind of a good sign....right? So please, vote! I think I'll start having an interactive vote thing. Maybe it'll make voting fun. :D (So check the end of this author's note!)

AHHH! GUYS!!! I've been on the Watty Award's Humor list ever since I entered! At one point I was on the second page in the Watty Awards' humor category. :) I still have yet to make what's hot, though.

I didn't describe her dress on purpose. So don't be like, "You forgot Ro's dress!!!"

So....another twist. Mwahahahaha.

 Who was that mysterious guy at the party?

What does her dress look like?

Will Danny find the right man for him?

*Drops voice to low, dramatic tone* ALL OF THIS AND MORE, IN THE COMING CHAPTERS OF MIRROR, MIRROR.

Okay...let's see how this works out. I'll give a scenario, and the votes will determine the outcome. (This will be irrelivant to the real story as of right now)

Danny is walking down the street, on his way to get Lady Gaga's latest CD. He accidentally bumps into someone, and he looks up to see......

0-3 votes: ....that it was just a pole.

4-7 votes: ....a student from school.

8-11 votes: ....his date from the homecoming dance.

12+ votes: .....Lady Gaga herself.

:D VOTE TO REVEAL DANNY'S FATE! (I will upload no matter how many votes I get. Don't even think for a second that I'm turning into one of those people that wants 200 votes, 100 fans, and 250 comments. Never.)