Chapter Three

Chapter 3

We sat down for lunch at school and began to discuss our plans. I had such great friends.

“So we need someone who won’t recognize you, that hasn’t seen you before, and that you have nothing in common with,” Ivy began.

Her deep brown hair cascaded down her shoulders, and one side was clipped back with a few bobby pins.

“Actually, I only need someone who doesn’t qualify for at least one of the three,” I pointed out.

“Aurora, you know what I just realized?” Danny spoke up, chocolate eyes glistening.

His hair and eyes were the exact same shade of brown. He had a boyish hair cut- one that flopped in his eyes a bit but was not too long.

“What’s that?” I smiled at him.

“You’re gonna play a love game,” he grinned wildly, his high cheekbones becoming more prominent.

“Danny, no-” I began protesting, but it was too late.

He was belting out the lyrics of Lady Gaga’s Love Game into my water bottle. Ivy covered her face with her hands and shook her head.

“Danny, it’s not a game,” Ivy reminded him.

He looked at me sheepishly, “sorry, I had to.”

I shook it off, “anyway, do we have any ideas whatsoever?”

“Well if we don’t want him to see or recognize you, you could meet someone online,” Ivy suggested.

“No way. I won’t be able to see him, either,” I pointed out.

Danny gasped, “that means there’s no way to know for sure that he’s not a raging lunatic who showers in his backyard with a garden hose before proceeding to brutally murder his flowers!”

Ivy and I shot Danny a ‘what the hell?’ look.

“Um, I wouldn’t be able to know for sure if he’s my age…or even a guy, for that matter,” I added, tucking a loose strand of my golden blonde hair behind my ear.

Danny nodded, “but what about a masked ball or something? Like, a masquerade?”

Ivy jumped up, “brilliant!”

Numerous people glanced our way.

“But how are we going to throw a masquerade?” I questioned.

“Easy,” Ivy responded. “We won’t.”

“How exactly are we going to throw a masquerade by not throwing a masquerade?” Danny furrowed his thick eyebrows.

“We’ll have the school do all the work for us,” Ivy replied. “The Homecoming dance is coming up soon, and I’m sure that the committee will love the idea.”

“You guys are geniuses!” I squealed, standing to hug them.

“I know, I know,” Danny curtsied.

Yes, curtsied. Ivy winked a green eye at me.

Instead of being born with blue eyes, like most infants, Ivy’s had a greenish hue to them. Clever parents were definitely something we had in common.

“No time for curtsies. We have planning to do,” Ivy dragged us off to the school’s main office.

-------------------

Not super long, but I'm hoping it gave you a better idea as to what the characters look like :)

Thanks for fanning, voting, commenting, and reading. The feedback for this story has been amazing; it's why I felt obligated to upload so soon.