Chapter Four

Chapter 4

We stood at the base of the stairs that lead to the school’s office. We were debating who to send up to suggest the idea.

“The secretary has never liked me much,” Ivy admitted.

“Maybe that’s because you hi-jacked the intercom, and decided to announce that rabid vampire bunnies are attacking, before proceeding to have the school evacuate,” I offered.

“Or because you managed to replace all of their desktop backgrounds with suggestive pictures of leprechauns,” Danny added.

“They still don’t know for sure that I did the second one,” Ivy defended, crossing her arms.

“But they assumed,” Danny replied.

“Okay, we’re getting off track. We won’t have Ivy do it, then. Do you want to do it, Danny?” I asked hopefully.

“Great idea. Everybody likes gay guys! Especially the fun ones,” Ivy spoke enthusiastically.

“Everybody except homophobes,” Danny mumbled.

“Obviously,” Ivy scoffed.

“I think Danny would be perfect,” I interrupted. “I’ll follow, but won’t say anything.”

Danny began strutting up the stairs, swaying his hips a bit too much.

“Danny,” I hissed. “This is serious.”

“Sorry,” he replied sheepishly. “I can’t help it. It’s who I am,” he insisted.

We approached the top, and Danny skipped to the woman sitting at the front desk. She had a pair of cat-eye glasses, and her wrinkly lips were coated in bright pink lipstick. Her hair was short and bushy.

She couldn’t help but smile at Danny’s energy, “Hello, dear.”

“Hi!” Danny exclaimed.

I shook my head and stood next to him.

“How can I help you?”

“Well, my friends and I have this fantastic idea for the Homecoming dance,” he smiled brightly. “And we were wondering how to make it happen,” he added, quickly.

“Well tell me about it!” She was obviously enthralled with the idea.

“Well,” he leaned in closer to her desk, as if he was going to tell her a secret. “We want it to be a-” he paused for dramatic effect, “Masquerade.”

I bit my lip to keep from laughing.

“Well that’s a wonderful idea, dear!” The elderly woman croaked. “Don’t tell anyone, but,” she lowered her voice. “I think I can make it happen.”

Danny clasped his hands together. “Wonderful! Thank you so much,” he smiled at her yet again, and turned to wink at me.

“Now run along, lunch is almost over,” she waved us away.

“Oh my god, Danny! That was amazing!” I hugged him once we got to the bottom of the stairs.

Ivy smiled in delight, “now we wait until it’s official. Then we find our dresses.”

“And dates!” Danny added.

I pouted, “I wish it were that easy for me.”

“Aw, it will be soon! Don’t worry, we’re here to help!” Ivy gave me a smile.

I turned to Danny, but he wasn’t there. Ivy noticed this, too. We both widened our eyes.

“Oh, no.” We both spoke at the exact same time.

Sure enough, he was prancing back and fourth in the hallway next to us, singing ‘Just Dance.’ He did this whenever he got excited….though it was better than when he got sad. When sad, he stands in a very conspicuous place and looks off into space while singing, ‘Poker Face,’ with a blank expression. As funny as it can be, it’s pretty embarrassing. He was a YouTube sensation for a few days, though. That was pretty entertaining.

We decided it was best to walk off and have him find us later. He was having way too much fun.

---------------

This story has more votes than my other one with about 11 chapters!

I don't mean for this story to be stupid, I'm trying to make it light hearted and funny. I realize that it sounds kind of dumb sometimes. Let me know if you think I'm overdoing it.

I'm going to dedicate this to someone who has commented on every single chapter, I think. Her comments always make me smile :)

Please vote, fan, and comment. I appreciate it! :D