Chapter 1

© fran1234 all rights reserved

All rights including copyright in the content of this story are owned by Fran1234. It's illegal to steal and/or copy ANYTHING on this page and/or book.

6 years later/ now the present

"Hey honey want to go out tonight?" Wayne asked in (which he thought) a seductive tone with a wink.

"Hmm sorry honey I can't I'm busy tonight" I answer him pouting.

I wasn't really sorry because who on earth would want to go out with that sleaze of a jerk?

"Hey Wayne want to come to my house for the night?" The person behind me asks flirtily.

'Oh yeah her' I snickered.

Obviously the school's slut Chloe Eve would hang out with Wayne.

"Well honey I think your preoccupied for tonight so you don't need me" I snap pretending to be upset and begin to walk away.

" Hey babe wait! Chloe get out of my way, April wait!" I smirked, he thinks he's got it on me but he doesn't, dumbass.

Now I'm so embarrassed because I got caught hanging out with one of the school players by the head cheerleader.

I roll my eyes. I bet that the news will be around the whole school by tomorrow morning. Not to mention Chloe is the captain of the school cheerleading team which I am on. Now my best friend on the cheerleading team, Evelyn Cherry Hope is going to be asking me questions and sticking her nose into everything, again.

I roll my eyes once more, stepping out of the school grounds.

I take out my iPod nano and put my Dr Dre beats on and listened to some music. I felt the need to walk home sometimes, but most of the time I just catch the bus or a lift with either Brad or Zach. Brad and Zach are in the senior classes so they are eligible to drive a car while Zach is trying to teach me how to since my parents "can't be bothered" and my sister is "busy".

Ok sure their barely even at home and my sister doesn't even hang out with me but they could at least be equitable, I mean I am their daughter and sister for gosh sake.

I remember when they told me that and I had a hissy fit because I really wanted to learn how to drive. I was complaining to Zach and Brad at one of the footy matches when Zach offered to teach me. They are on the football team so we see each other at every match where they play and I cheer. It takes me about 20 minutes to walk home so when I reach my sorta like mansion house its around 3:50 pm.

Ok just want to put it out there, I'm not rich or anything. My house is a cream/beige triple storey with a two separate dance and recording studio on the third floor, a pool and tennis court in the backyard. The gate out in the front is from one end to the other and is really high and professional looking. We also have a high quality security system because my mum is paranoid that our house is gonna get robbed some day.

Our house was built to look like a sophisticated mansion but is fact it is just like every other house. My dad is an architect and a builder so he built our house as a demo for his clients.

"Hi April, how was your day today?" someone greeted me as I walked through the door.

I spun around, my fists clenched ready to punch whoever spoke to me. I unclenched my fists as I saw my sister standing there.

"What are you doing home so early?" I asked surprised "no one's home at this time of day except for me, don't you finish work at 6?".

"Yes I finish work at 6 pm April, I just came home early because I am going to an overseas conference for two weeks and I'm going tomorrow so my boss let me have the rest of the day off to pack" my sister explained.

" Ok well see you" I said while walking up the stairs.

"So what are you doing now?" My sister asked. " Working on my dance routine" I answered from the top of the stairs.

"Your still dancing?" My sister asked in a surprised tone " I thought you quit dancing a long time ago".

"You would know if you've been around and bothered to acknowledge me" I mumble under my breath. Changing into shorts and a tank top I walked up another set of stairs leading to the third floor and to the dance studio.

Turning Burn by Ellie Goulding on full blast I start to dance. I've always loved hearing music out of high quality speakers because it just has this feel to it. I guess that's why my dad built a dance studio, so I could dance and listen to music full blast. Also because I am in a singing/dance group with four of my best friends, Charlene Phoebe Reef, Maisie Elle Bridge, Abigail Liz Rae and Harmony Leona Groove.

I'm the main choreographer so I spend most days choreographing our dance for upcoming competitions. I am also lead singer and on occasions I rap. Charlene (Char or Lene), Maisie ( Mais), Harmony (Har or Mon) and Abigail (Abi) are backup singers but will have a dance solo every now and then.

I write songs when I'm free, so I have the sake of doing something. After the songs are complete I record it in the studio. After 2 and a half hours of dancing, I make my way down to the kitchen for some water and dinner.

' Typical, mum and dad aren't home and Honour is probably packing somewhere' I thought critically. I quickly ate lasagna my favourite type of pasta while finishing homework.

Suddenly the door bell rings.

"Your opening the door April" I heard Honour yell from wherever she was.

'fine' I replied probably to no one. I opened the door and Harper stood standing there.

" Hi Harper, what are you doing here?" I asked. I'm not being rude or anything but I haven't seen Harper for ages because we just drifted apart but we see each other every now and then.

"Umm my mum wants to invite your mum to dinner tomorrow night, you can come if you want" Harper said.

" Sorry, there's a game on tomorrow and the cheerleading team are going to the after party at Cooper's house but I'll tell my mum when she comes home" I reply sweetly "See ya" then I closed the door.

Wtf? My mum goes to dinner with her friends but not her own daughter? I have no idea what's wrong with my family sometimes.

I grab a sticky note and write down the message for mum and stick it on the fridge.

"Who was that?" Honour asks walking down the stairs.

"Just Harper" I reply.

"Oh... Mum still hangs out with them?"

"Yeah mums going out to dinner with them tomorrow night"

" I'll tell mum when she gets home"

"You mean IF she comes home, most nights she doesn't even bother coming home"

Honour sighed "She will come home April, I've already called her to tell her I'm going for two weeks and she said she and dad are coming home to say goodbye".

" Oh wow" I say sarcastically " A happy family reunion" "I'm going now before all the mushy stuff starts to mum and dads favourite daughter" I roll my eyes while walking up the stairs .

"April don't be like that, you know it's not true" My sister said in a stern voice with her arms crossed.

" Yeah whatever" I roll my eyes again " They disowned me years ago Honour, you should know that because you were there too".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think? Vote and comment if you like the chapter! Fran xox