Prologue

© fran1234 all rights reserved

All rights including copyright in the content of this story are owned by Fran1234. It's illegal to steal and/or copy ANYTHING on this page and/or book.

Prologue

6 years ago

" Your so short April, why are you so short?" Dominic shouted across the football field.

"Because I just am! Is that a problem?" I shouted harshly back at him.

" Well yeah because your no fun if your short! Grow taller shortie!" Dominic replied.

I yelled at Dominic "Oh just shut up, I can't help it if I'm short!" I stormed away from the four laughing boys.

"Uuhhh boys! I hate them" I thought in my head, "they are so annoying!".

I really wanted to punch Dominic, Damon, Trent and Wilson in the face right now because they piss me off so much but I thought 'better not' because they'll probably tell my mum, which is not a good thing. To be honest I'm not really that short, I'm taller than most people in my class but I guess compared to other people you could say that I am short.

"April! Wait!" I turned around confused to who was calling my name. But it was just Harper, Dominic and Damon's sister running towards me.

"Hey Harper! What's up?"

I've known Harper for like ever and we're great friends but I guess if we weren't than that would be a surprise due to the fact that our parents are like best friends.

"Nothing much! The boys bothering you again?" Harper said while puffing.

" Well obviously! Uuhhh I swear they have to stop bugging me!" I said frustrated. "Or I will seriously punch them in the face any day now".

"Oh well who cares! I mean they're boys, what did you expect?" Harper sighed.

I feel really bad for Harper because she's surrounded by three brothers Dominic who is 15, Damon who is 12 and Dax who is 4.

" Hey you two!" Dominic yelled "Hurry up we're going home now".

" Ok ok! Calm down we're coming! Harper yelled back while walking towards them. I quickly followed Harper to where her brothers where.

"Hey April can I - I ask you a ques- question?" Wilson asked while choking on his laughter and for some reason Damon was laughing as well.

"Hey man stop laughing! She's gonna think your not serious!" Dominic said while slapping Wilson on the back. "And you too Damon!

At that comment Damon and Wilson started laughing even more than they were before and Dominic and Trent had a smile on their faces.

I looked at them confused and replied " Yeah what do you want?".

Wilson who was still laughing replied " Umm do you want to be my girlfriend?"

I looked at him really strangely what the hell is wrong with him! We hate each others guts! Did he really think I was dumb enough to say yes? NO WAY was I going to say yes! For one I hate him, two I can't stand his idiotic behaviour and three well I've liked Damon for quite a while now and their best friends so that is definitely a NO!

That is just awkward.

"I'm serious I want you to be my girlfriend and we can go on dates to the beach" Wilson continued not looking me in the eyes.

"Yeah strolling down the beach together holding hands in winter" Dominic added.

Wilson shot him a glare "So will you be my girlfriend?" Wilson asked directing it towards me but still not looking me in the eyes.

"How about" I pretended to think " a NO!" "Ouch!" Damon pretending to clutch his heart " I feel bad for you Will, she REJECTED YOU!!!! HAHAHHAHA".

"Isn't that a bit harsh don't you think April?" Dominic questionably asked.

"Uh no, why on earth would I want to go out with someone like him" I replied in a disgusted tone.

"Well mate she said no so let's go find some other chick for you" Damon said directing it at Wilson " we were only testing her to see if she would say yes anyway but she's not worth it".

My mouth dropped open into an O. Me not worth it! How dare he say that! Does he even realise I'm here right next to him!

" Excuse me but in case you haven't realised I'm right here so I can here every word you say and what do you mean I'm not worth!" I snapped without thinking about what I had just said "I'm worth more than those other girls that you date! I was really annoyed now.

" Well it's true, your not worth it, your short and ugly, who on earth would want to date you! They would be crazy" Damon snapped back harshly.

My mouth dropped into an O shape yet again. I was not just annoyed now but upset. Does Damon really think I'm ugly?

Lucky the football field was near my house so I turned around and sprinted away from them, heading towards my house.

"April wait! Stop running! I heard Dominic yell.

" Just let her go" I heard Damon say softly. I had tears in my eyes now.

How could he say that about me, the girl who was his best friend before he went to high school. Obviously high school changed him because the old Damon would never say that to me. Well not that I know of.

I reached my house and quickly got my keys out and opened the door. I ran up the stairs, turned a few corners until I reached my room. My house is pretty big I must admit for four people but what you have is what you have right?

I walked into my room about to go on my laptop, but saw my reflection in the corner of my eye. I turned around and looked straight into my eyes that was being reflected back at me from the mirror. I studied myself closely.

I wasn't that bad looking I mean I'm not perfect, no one is. I admit I'm not tall and I don't have a perfect body either but you have to accept what you have because there is nothing you can do about it.

Lost in a trance of thoughts I suddenly heard Dominic, Damon and Harper talking loudly outside my house.

Oh shit I forgot I lived right next to them. Now I have no way of avoiding them.

A few minutes later I heard my doorbell ring. I took my time walking down the stairs to the door while the doorbell was ringing multiple times before I reached the door.

"Yeah I know it works! Now you can stop it!" I yelled at the person who was on the other side of the door while I yanked it open.

To my disbelief it was Damon out of all people. " What are you doing here?" I asked shocked.

Damon was looking at the ground and mumbled something.

"What!? I didn't get any of that. Do you want to repeat yourself" I asked Damon again.

"I said I'm sorry! Damon half yelled, half whispered.

"Umm ok that's a bit weird, why on earth would you do that? You never say sorry to anyone!" Ha I put him on the spot now!

" Yeah I know I'm not sorry! Dominic just told me to say sorry! Why on earth would I say sorry to you." I just stood there shocked at Damon's words. "Your so pathetic and such a attention seeker! Your just a freak, you'll never be able to get a boyfriend!" He smirked.

Ok so now I was pissed at him and he dared to smirk! "If you've said what you've had to say then goodbye" I yelled and I slammed the door in his face.

I ran to my room and I looked at myself in the mirror. Ppfff he said I'm not worth it and pathetic. I am going to have a makeover and he will be trailing after me like a little lost puppy dog.

I went to my walk in wardrobe and took out all my old clothes and stuffed them in a garbage bag. I grabbed my purse and my keys. I went past my mirror and I looked at myself once again.

I smirked at my reflection, I'll show him, I'll show him I'm not a pathetic little girl and he will regret it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! If you like the story vote and comment :) It really helps :) Fran xox