Ch. 5 Something is weird around here

I pulled into the department parking lot and jumped out of my truck and ran inside. "What's going on?"  

   "Hello it's our boys night! You were late so we buzzed you!" Brett laughed, sipping his beer. He looked at me and smiled. "You almost got laid didn't you!"

"No! I didn't."

"Well you definately got kissed though." Mike another one of my coworkers said.

  I sighed and just nodded my head as I sat down on the couch. I love these guys, I mean there my family but now there's a new person in my life, who I can't stop thinking about. I hoped Rayna would be okay there by herself. Than reality hit, we have only kissed it's not a relationship. She isn't mine at least not yet.

 "Duke go home you know this isn't where you want to be." Brett said to me.

 "Your right it's not." I said standing. "I have a girl to get home too. Sorry guys have fun." I said walking out. I could hear the guys laughing and making kissing sounds as I left. So immature. 

    I walked into my house to find Rayna curled up on the couch watching a movie. She looked at me and smiled. 

   "Hey! I wasn't  expecting for you to be home." She came over and hugged me in a pair of shorts and a tanktop. Man she was beautiful. I pulled her closer and hugged her back. I never wanted to let her go, so I just held on as she laid her head on my chest. 

     I'm glad I'm back." I said kissing the top of her head. 

 "Me too Duke." She said smiling as she pulled away from and headed back to the couch. I followed her and sat next to her as she sipped her beer.

"What are you watching?" I asked having no idea what movie this was.

 "The Last Song." She said looking at me, "I want a summer love like this, a true love." She said smiling at me.

"Well maybe you will." I grinned at her as I saw her scoot closer to me and then sit on my lap straddling me as she kissed me softly as first, then not so soft.

 "Mm Duke I can't stop thinking about our kiss." She said as she began to kiss my neck and I heard myself groan, as I leaned my head back for her, then it hit me. She wasn't ready for this and I think she's had a little too much to drink. I said noticing she was on her 3rd beer. I pulled away and she pouted at me.

  "Rayna your drunk honey." I said stroking her hair.

  "I am not drunk!" She said getting off me and standing a little uneasy on her feet. "I just want to go to bed with you! Is that a bad thing?" She said sounding annoyed in her voice.

 "No it's not honey really but I won't do this when your drunk sweetie I just won't. I said taking her hand and tugging her back to me. Her body easily aligned with mine and I saw her smile.

  "Can we at least have a little bit of fun?" She cooed at me and I smirked at her.  I picked her up in my arms and carried her to my room and laid her on the bed. I lightly laid on top of her and kissed her softly and then began to trail the kiss to her jaw before I nibbled at her neck causing her to moan softly. "I've wanted to do this with you for a little while now." She admitted catching me off guard.

   "You have?" I asked stunned by her statement.

 "Yes. Duke these last couple weeks all I could think about was you. I was worried all the time when you were at work, worrying when you would get home and if you were okay. Then when you were home, I just wanted to be as close to you as I could be. I am falling for you Duke. More than you can imagine."

  That last part hit me like a truck would. Hard and unexpected. This girl really wanted a relationship with me not just a fling. Not just a one time thing. She wanted to be loved and protected by. She wanted someone to call hers. I never saw myself as the relationship guy but with Rayna in the picture, that could easily change. I mean I though it was just a crush but maybe this is something more. Maybe I had found someone who could truly change my life forever.  "I feel the same way about you honey." I said kissing her softly.

  She looked at me with her big blue eyes and smiled. "Good than maybe we should go out on a date?" She asked looking at me for confirmation.

  "Yes. I think we should honey."

~~~~~~ Thank you for being so patient. I know it's been awhile since I have updated this story but I have been working on this chapter now for like 3 weeks. I was out of town a couple days for a concert and I just kinda was stuck on this chapter for some reason. Then ideas came rushing in so I hurried and finished this up for you guys. So tell me what you think so far and are you excited to finally see a date between them?